Have The Elder Scrolls Spoiled You?

WizardOfAtlantis

26 members have voted

1. 1. Can you play other companies' pc fantasy rpg's or are they not good enough?

• I can play other pc fantasy rpg's
    • No, I can't. They are not good enough.

Actually, I'd like to revise my review. Oblivion *did* spoil me, but not in its vanilla content, which wasn't quite as top-tiered as many other games' are.

No, its moddability spoiled me. The fact that I could turn it into a perfect game just by modifying it myself more than makes up for any vanilla shortfall it may have. The leveling problems? Get Francesco's. Too easy? Get Oscuro's.

So yes, when I play other games from now on, I think to how moddable Oblivion was, and that makes me sad.

Although, I will still honestly say that despite so, I liked KoToR better. Otherwise, if we count modded content, Oblivion did spoil me. If vanilla only, well then, it did not.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I had never known freedom until I could mod, and it all started with this game. I am now trying to customise my experience in almost any game I pick up. Even if that means changing things I shouldn't know exist. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No other game has so many unique mods and such a powerful modding community as The Elder Scrolls series (especially Oblivion). In its modded avatar, and uniquely for a single player offline game, it is an immensely replayable one that has stood its ground through these years (and can push even the latest graphics cards to their limits).

The FPS/RPG I really want to play is Red Dead Redemption, which has already won many GOTY and critics awards. I am eagerly waiting for it to be released on the PC in 2011.

I am spoiled!!! :wub: :woot:

Mostly by the numerous mods available. Of course I play the Fallout series also.

Edit: Almost forgot about Lotro!

Edited by LordWushin

no, no spoilage here.

I come from Kings Field school, Eternal Ring, Shadow Tower etc. FF in every title. But this game does push the level of expectation up when concerning new releases though.

When Kings Field - The Ancient City arrived, that was when I became grounded firmly in the 3D RPG genre for sure.

I can still play other RPGs but I do have to admit that the ones that limit where you're allowed to go do feel very confining. Dragon Age and The Witcher both come to mind there. Great games in their own right, but they both felt terribly confining because the worlds were partitioned into compartmentalized zones. Two Worlds didn't really have that issue because you could wander around wherever you wanted. I do agree though that open worlds are the way to do things. Far more freedom of choice that way.