Crashing no matter what

Deleted21304489User

I use both. FSR helps a lot. I haven't noticed better or worse stability with Fake Fullscreen, but it allows alt-tabbing so I'm using it for that alone.

I'm actually not using the Unofficial patch for Fallout 3. I'm a bit miffed that earlier versions actually caused more blatant issues than the ones it solved, so I'm skipping it although I'm sure those issues are solved by now - and I'm also sure it shouldn't make the game more unstable.

Edited by Arkngt

"On average, I'm pushing 150. "

You are overloading the game and it will never be stable trying to run that many files. You need to keep the total files at or below 130. This includes the base game, DLCs and a combination of .esm and .esp.

Ok thanks guys. I thought it might be due to the amount of mods I'm trying to push on the game. I'm at 150 now. It's just...there's so many i want to use. Guess I'll have to get real about what I can do with the mods. I read some where that the max was like 250, or something. That's why I'm using so many. Ok, back to the drawing board. Thanks again guys. :)

Ok thanks guys. I thought it might be due to the amount of mods I'm trying to push on the game. I'm at 150 now. It's just...there's so many i want to use. Guess I'll have to get real about what I can do with the mods. I read some where that the max was like 250, or something. That's why I'm using so many. Ok, back to the drawing board. Thanks again guys. :smile:

The theoretical limit is 255 files. The actual limit is between 110 to 140, depending on your specific hardware and installed software. My limit is 122, but I usually keep it around 100 +/- total files and I am able to have a fairly stable game. Since adding New Vegas Anti Crash, I haven't had any crashes, just a few stutters.

Since adding New Vegas Anti Crash, I haven't had any crashes, just a few stutters.

NVAC can apparently be used with Fallout 3 as well, according to comments by its author in the release thread. I'll try it out.

Wow! I got my load order down to 125 and I'm running fine now. Unbelievable. Thanks for the heads up on this M48A5. You saved my life. I might try and trim it down even furthur. Wait...I can use NV Anti crash with FO3? Interesting. Ark...lemme' know if NVAC works for you with FO3. Thanks guys!

First impressions are good. I had two random CTDs earlier today - after adding NVAC I've had none. But it will take a while before I know for sure as my game is rather stable as it is.

Hm, I should also scale back on my plugins. Think I'll start with merging some plugins that have a bunch of esp's for DLCs etc.

Ok, can I just install NVAC normally, or is there something that needs to be modified for FO3? I think when I installed this awhile back tinkering with FNV...I just used NMM and installed it like a mod. Can't remember for sure though.

You have to do a manual installation. If you try to use NMM, it will probably look for FNV for the installation. It is for FNV, not FO3. You just need to copy the nvac.dll to your Fallout3\Data\FOSE\plugins folder.

There will be an entry in the fose.log that it is incompatible with Fallout 3, but it does work.