Mods for Skyrim might ruin the fun??

dodger805

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't imagine playing Bethesda's games without mod capabilities. Infact, I wouldn't play them. I got bored with Mass Effect only about half way through because the extreme limitations of mods.

To me Oblivion was less a fully functional fantasy game and more a open canvas for creativity. On the same note however, I don't own any consoles, nor plan to. I'de rather have Photoshop open than a game most of the time. Oblivion, Fallout 3, and NV allow me to merge both worlds.

Oh and just so it's been said. I fully plan to at some time have Skyrim full of attractive women in bikinis, not becuase I really need to but because it's fun and I'm an adult who enjoys adult things.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

When it comes to modding, remember, "the modder knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to fix or remove, but when there is nothing left to add." As long as the game and it's mods lack something, anything really, no matter how superfluous or superficial, massive or mundane, smart or incredibly stupid, that I want at all, and I'm still part time employed when this goes down, I will use mods no matter how much you beg me not to, and if there's no cars or electric guitars in the final release they leave me no other option.

:wub: <3 our modders. I couldn't have played Oblivion for 3+ years without you guys.

I plan on playing skyrim asap which means vanilla without mods of course. But after a couple play throughs Mods really make the game different and enhances the replayability. Not to mention all the fixes - weather- enhancers for combat - plus all the beauty packs that let you customize your toons so you didn't feel like "YeS! I will save the world! Even tho I look like 15% of population and really, how could you pick me out of a line up?" lol.

So, I say in a loud voice...Let There Be MODS!

Big breasts are caused usually by obesity, or implants...

You must not have ever been to Italy... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/blink.gif

I just want the game to have a value for what it already is.

This is a VERY good point.

Fallout New Vegas came out, and it was a frickin' stampede to see who could port what mod the fastest. There were so many mods, you could hardly keep up with them and it was obvious that the game hadn't been thoroughly played through yet. Some things can be fixed immediately (poor anim's, etc) but many others are just jumping on the let's-recreate-FO3-through-mods bandwagon.

They do look nice in the scans, but I fear that they will not look so good in game. I bet those scans have been Photoshopped.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/blink.gif Blasphemer!

hahha. Really, you think so?

I find your lack of faith in the mod community disturbing.

Hahahahahttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif

Okay now everyone have stated about the exact same thing over and over again, I am well aware that mods are optional and that not all mods are bad and that you don't like my personal opinion but I don't want to ruin for anyone else thats not my point. Maybe skyrim will be so good it won't need mod? And if you want oblivion in hentai style then fine but wouldn't it be easier to buy a japanese RPG from the beginning??

I don't think it would be easier, actually. The platform that Bethesda gives could be the springboard for a score of different games.

Oh and just so it's been said. I fully plan to at some time have Skyrim full of attractive women in bikinis, not becuase I really need to but because it's fun and I'm an adult who enjoys adult things.

Hear, hear. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif it won't be how I play 99% of the time, but I want to see sooner or later some hot Valkyrie in a string bikini bouncing my way as a companion!

So basically I have been wondering about skyrim and the modding of it and I think I won't get any mods for it unless it really misses something. I have been thinking (and I know I am gonna get a lot of hate for this) that maybe it's best to not add modding possebilities (can't spell lol) because I myself get really sad and depressed when I see a video on youtube when someone has taken oblivion and modded it into some sort of shitty Devil may cry/hentai/manga/cartoon/call of duty by using mods that changes every aspect of the game. Then the game has lost all of it's purpose and you just bought it for the graphics engine which is just sad. What are your feelings on this? :mellow:

i will start off with 0 mods

wont even look at the ones on the site till i bea the main quest

then iw ill add a body replacer, some armors, maybe some quests, for sure some companions

thats if i even need/want any of the aforementioned

I'm truly shocked at the number of people that just because they don't want to mod their own game, have decided that it's a good idea to stop everyone else modding theirs :blink:

hmm.....default oblivion or...........

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9585/oblivion201101142213168.jpg

99% for mods bye personal taist 1% for all to do it my way and freedom of my way.......

but really how was boobs so much talked about? seams people lost the tread- there its about all choises and mods and a persons likes and dislikes !

Mods are the way to keep a game feeling like i jest got a new game and making something needing Tissue paper to remove(Fallout Vegues:opinion after all open world is opened right)After all half life is what 15 now? ....and still played ....Why HHMMM mods mayby,obliv over Marrow Wind ,a game of make it bigger better grafics but not as great? yep mods do more good then harm .....

Hate others choices some- times ,Am i playing there games -nope,do I have to play it there way or my way ......

I have the choise and i choose that and if THEY take that from me then......Wheres that tissue papper.

Well, I too am put off my the more ridiculous mods available. They just don't suit my style of playing. I'm also just not impressed with cutesy anime style conversions, etc. Just not my thing.

Now that I have expressed my opinion, I agree: no one is forced to download these things, that's true. Perhaps where some get annoyed is the stuff we don't want (well done though it might be) pushes aside the stuff we might prefer. not everylne has the time, talent, skill or patience to mod for themselves, either.

Overall, I'm happy with more attractive body, face and hair mods, clothing and armor mods, etc. I do like big, bad-ass weapons, new locations, houses, etc. too. Not into the extreme body mods or overly skimpy to the point of my brain can no longer suspend disbelief, but I won't slam them here, either.

The mods is what keeps the game alive. I would certainly not be playing this game over and over for 5 years if it wasnt for mods like FCOM that updated the gameplay and gameworld, or all the beautiful graphic-mods that still make the game better looking than many newly released games. Sure there are a lot of less tastefull mods out there, but there are many very good ones as well. I'm using around 140 different mods today, and none of them have ruined the original feel of Cyrodiil or any characters, only enhanced it. I just keep the game as realistic and up to date as possible.

A Skyrim without mod-capabilities would be an outrage :down:

Edited by Mr. Bravo