Seasons landscapes and cities

stuges

I don't post really much on forums, but I was recently wondering about seasoning and landscapes. I thought it could easily be boring landscape if it was all snow. I have seen a lot of pictures from whatever that magazine was- scan version, but don't think it's cool to post it here since they were instantly banned from youtube too. anyway, I was thinking if, unlike in oblivion, since they got this dynamic snow which is gonna be awesome, that maybe, just maybe they will include seasons to act differently, such as in southern part of skyrim you could be able to see summer or some blossom. Also in dragon territories I could imagine blossom for some reason.

Anyhow, the area seems pretty damn impressive from pictures, and I especially love the new female look. very impressive. It would however sadly seem, that the constipation problems for sneak characters still persist judging from the hunter picture if anyone has seen.

so the main point, has anyone got any info on the seasoning whatsoever?

the other interesting thing is the cities, they clearly state that there will be 5 main cities, which is less than in oblivion, but is it true that they will be greatly bigger than any of oblivion cities? also interested if they are open and will there be many "not main cities" something of size of oblivion cities or hamlets perhaps?

Edited by stuges

I don't remember hearing anything about seasons, but I thought they said there were 5~ distinct areas around the game world with a different look and feel to them.

Maybe there's more cities then, it is possible I mixed that number with cities :P

I am just waiting for game informers to inform about the size in square km's. I reckon oblivion had 16..

judging from another provided map there is 7 cities, names are real and have seen them mentioned in city list, but I still am kind of sure they said 5 major cities.. so 5 big cities and 2 minor cities + those hamlets.

I heard that the cities will be open and that dragons and such could attack the cities while you are there. And there are five main cities that probably means there will either be many more villages and smaller towns or that the towns are incredibly big with different districts so that it will feel like different cities but I don't know this for sure, but the dragon thing is true

I heard that the cities will be open and that dragons and such could attack the cities while you are there. And there are five main cities that probably means there will either be many more villages and smaller towns or that the towns are incredibly big with different districts so that it will feel like different cities but I don't know this for sure, but the dragon thing is true

oh yes they must be open because of the dragon attacks. or maybe not have to, but makes more sense.

I only hope they make big enough hills to block view to near-by cities and landmarks so it feels more like in wilderness.

Five main cities all should be bigger than IC itself, not by area it covers but by NPC amount and how thick it's lived. the rest cities (I reckon like two mid sized beside 5 main) that are more like an usual oblivion town. + in addition the settlements which I saw nice pic of, I think they arent made as badly and empty and as few as in oblivion.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s209/FunkyCoffee/1294440553184.jpg

upper right corner can't see that much but it seems it will be cool, afterall that does seem more like hamlet or settlement rather than city.

But why the hell is there shield in his hand? I cant believe they still dont put the shield on back. I read from that magazine article "then he pulls the shield from his back.." I think that was only to make it epic. :/

maybe the shield thing is optional i mean if they can make dual wielding optional why wouldn't they be able to make shield to be on the back possible

mm however it is shield all the time in the hand with weapon bugs me. atleast I hope there's enough modding tools for someone to create mod to put them on back unless they manage to do this.

I'm really looking forward to seeing their new dynamic falling snow! I mean, can you track people in light snow, and how much will accumulate, it'd be kinda cool trekking through 2-3 feet of snow in a blizzard looking for shelter.If my best snow hopes come true(lotso snow, not just snow piling up on branches and rocks, but real accumulation) there'll probably be skis or snowshoes.Or snowmobiles and a "walk on snow" spell. Those'd be cool too. :turned:

I'm really looking forward to seeing their new dynamic falling snow! I mean, can you track people in light snow, and how much will accumulate, it'd be kinda cool trekking through 2-3 feet of snow in a blizzard looking for shelter.If my best snow hopes come true(lotso snow, not just snow piling up on branches and rocks, but real accumulation) there'll probably be skis or snowshoes.Or snowmobiles and a "walk on snow" spell. Those'd be cool too. :turned:

that would be awesome, doubt they will be able to make soft snow be over your knees thought. But I have seen pictures of snow actually changing landscape by piling the snow at certain spot (going by the wind) that was really cool too