FALLOUT.INI Refuses to cooperate

tnu

I'm having a bit of tr ouble with the ini for New Vegas. i'm trying to use Wrye Flash NV to switch to another save profile but whenever I uncheck Read-Only on the ini's details It keeps resetting to having it checked instead of unchecked which is causing a huge problem. Whenever I use Wrye Flash to Launch my game it rechecks the Read-Only box for the ini and switches back to the default profile.

thanks to both of you for that. Problem the Default ini is already marked as not being read-only so that doesn't seam to be the solution. Edited by tnu

You didn't mention your operating system but if you're running WinXP, just right click on your Fallout_default.ini file, click "Properties" and then uncheck "read only" at the bottom of the window you just opened. After that, BACK IT UP, then make all the changes you want. Did I say BACK IT UP FIRST? You need to edit this file because unfortunately, FONV overwrites the fallout.ini file with this one every time you launch the game, thus wiping out all your changes. Edit the fallout_default.ini file instead and your changes will be preserved. Oh, did I mention BACK IT UP first?

problem is that that files is already unchecked for read-only and I don't need to make any changes to the ini jusat make it not read-only and the Fallout_default.ini is already unchecked I just can't get it to work for the other ini.

problem is that that files is already unchecked for read-only and I don't need to make any changes to the ini jusat make it not read-only and the Fallout_default.ini is already unchecked I just can't get it to work for the other ini.

If you don't actually need to change anything, then why do you need to make it not read-only?