Let it snow! Survival in the Frozen North

mrpepperkitty

Maybe there should be caves and such and you have a, sort of, coldness meter and if you start to get too cold you have to light a fire. This + the idea of hunting for food/melting snow for water (general hunger and thirst) would make this game excellent. I love games were you really feel like your fighting for survival, I guess thats why I loved Fallout 3 so much

Well they confirmed that we would be able to chop wood and cook and stuff, so I guess that isn´t just for nothing.I´m petty sure they will implement a hardcore mode like the one in fallout new vegas wich is a really smart thing as I really love that kind of realism in RPG games.We have a long way until skyrim and they already confirmed a lot of features, who knows what comes next.

Maybe there should be caves and such and you have a, sort of, coldness meter and if you start to get too cold you have to light a fire. This + the idea of hunting for food/melting snow for water (general hunger and thirst) would make this game excellent. I love games were you really feel like your fighting for survival, I guess thats why I loved Fallout 3 so much

Love these ideas, never even woulda thought of some kinda meter.Maybe cold limbs could be like the damaged ones in FO3. We all know this kinda hardcore survival mode(eat, drink, sleep) is possible (Wanderer's edition), so I think it should be an option in the vanilla game. They'd do a bang up job on it with the time and resources they have. Also, I rescind my idea for official snowpiracy, the resources should be spent on better things. Like regular piracy (with nordic longboats :thumbsup: )

Does someone remember the level form Battlefield Bad Company 2, where the player is in a snowy region, and has to run from fire to fire to get warmed up?

I loved that part! It added lots of immersion, and something like that should be in Skyrim.

Not a meter, but a texture that slowly fills the screen.

Like a icy texture filling the screen if the player doesn't get near fire soon. And cloth should have inpact on this too.

Heaving a light leather armor gives only a small frost protection, but a fur armor gives a massive boost to it.

And races should matter too...

Yay 200th post!

It's so nice to be a part of the nexus community! :3

Does someone remember the level form Battlefield Bad Company 2, where the player is in a snowy region, and has to run from fire to fire to get warmed up?

I loved that part! It added lots of immersion, and something like that should be in Skyrim.

Not a meter, but a texture that slowly fills the screen.

Like a icy texture filling the screen if the player doesn't get near fire soon. And cloth should have inpact on this too.

Heaving a light leather armor gives only a small frost protection, but a fur armor gives a massive boost to it.

And races should matter too...

Yay 200th post!

It's so nice to be a part of the nexus community! :3

Loved that level too. Since Skyrim is so enormous though it'll probably have to be slower than in BFBC2. And yeah running around in your tin suit should be an issue. If I'm runnin' around in my fur longjohn armor it shouldn't be as much of an issue. And catmen and nords should have bonuses yes. Congrats on 200th post :thumbsup:

As for me, I like the idea of a cycle of seasons. I think that'd definitely crank up the realism to epic proportions. Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of this whole icy mountainous terrain, but I'm also hoping to be able to set foot somewhere that isn't covered with a blanket of snow.