return to ostigar

KaylaRenee

Duncan's dead, Gaider told us all in a thread a year ago. Duncan will not appear beyond Dragon Age 9:30 (Check calanders of Thedas to learn more)

While true, that wasn't the OP's question. Cailin is dead too, but we locate him in RtO! :laugh:

Duncan's dead, Gaider told us all in a thread a year ago. Duncan will not appear beyond Dragon Age 9:30 (Check calanders of Thedas to learn more)

While true, that wasn't the OP's question. Cailin is dead too, but we locate him in RtO! :laugh:

Oh well, it was Duncan. I think I did found his beard.

I just finished Return to Ostragar. I found Duncan's sword and dagger, but not his body. I am assuming from the context of the OP that he is perhaps looking for Duncan's body, as logic might dictate that if Cailan's body is still perfectly preserved(doesn't look decayed or anything), that Duncan should be around as well. I am conjecturing that because Cailan was the king, that the Darkspawn may have kept him around as a trophy, whereas they may not have realized what Duncan's status was.

I dunno...I get the feeling the darkspwn did realise what Duncan represented.

For mine, the clue is in the description of Duncan's Fire when you click on it...something along the lines of how the darkspawn have tried to deface & defile it, as if they could sense Duncan's power.

So I reckon that they did everything they could to remove that particular foe from existance. :whistling:

//EDIT: darned typos...

Edited by Sync182

• 2 weeks later...

I guess as with certain aspects of the game we have to make certain assumptions, for example you do the Return to Ostagar DLC find Cailan and give him a send off right.

Fast forward to Arl Howe's dungeon, we meet Riordan, we give him the papers from the chest and he is besides himself with joy, why coz these are the papers documenting the Wardens recruited by Duncan and those lost at Ostagar (he does say he went to the battlefield and identified as many as he could) ergo who is to say that, like us, he didn't give them the decent send off for the wardens that we did for Cailan.

Hence the assumption part. This is why we don't find Duncan or any other Grey Wardens, Riordan's already beaten us to it and done the deed.

My take on this which may be right or wrong, who's to say lol.