Will you be buying a new rig for skyrim

Dianadoesitbest

Most definitely! My graphics card is on it's way out, and I only have a measly 4G of RAM. What rig will I get? I will most likely bring the game with me when buying a new pc, and ask him to recommend a computer for it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitely need to upgrade.

My greatest fear is that I'll have to use a mouse instead of a mousepad, because of the dual-wielding. I'll have to use both mouse buttons for both hands, because I can't click both buttons on a mousepad and change my aim at the same time.

I already bought a new rig just a few weeks ago. My new rig is built mostly for hard-core gaming but not to the point of extreme gaming; what this means is that I'm sporting the nvidia 470 video card with the intel i7 quad core processor, 4 gigs of DDR3 1600MHz RAM, a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional sound card, a nice very large PC gaming case with lots of room for ventilation and sporting about 4 large fans plus a standard size fan on the back, and a pretty solid gaming ASUS P8P67 motherboard. Originally, this rig was suppose to come with one of the nvidia 500 series video cards but I'm satisfied with how well the 400 series are handling today's PC games so I ditched the 500 series to save over $100. I already have Skyrim on reserve and I know that my rig will be more than enough to run the game on high settings.

Hmm, well... buying a new rig for just 1 game is something strange, isn't it?

(For 2 games... maybe :P hehe just kidding)

However, my last upgrade was about 2 months ago and I'm satisfied with the current set.

So, I won't buy new stuff (a new cpu 4example) - not even 4 the really nice TES-series.

- And no, a SSD is no option in the near future. (long-term stability&price per GB)

WEI //cpu OC for testing purposes

Heaven 2.5 //catalyst 11.1 or 11.2 / quality

@Carah - I doubt that you will need more than 4GB for a decent Skyrim-experience.

In case if I'm wrong, then read this after 11.11.2011

Sorry - my bad ;)

@Sketchy77 Shame on you ;)

_frost_

We have a deal in my family that based on summer exam results the first year exam results actually matter (ie, this year) we get a sum of money to spend purely on a computer. If we choose not to buy a computer, we don't get any money. I was going to buy a shiny new laptop, but purely because of the release of skyrim I've decided to buy a gaming computer.

I have no idea what specs it'll be, or even where to start xD but it'll be 7 or XP, though I far prefer ubuntu (but obviously not for gaming)

Any advice for someone new to the computer buying world? One of the rules is we have to buy parts individually and put it together ourselves (I have two older brothers who worked in a computer shop, it goes with the territory.)

We have a deal in my family that based on summer exam results the first year exam results actually matter (ie, this year) we get a sum of money to spend purely on a computer. If we choose not to buy a computer, we don't get any money. I was going to buy a shiny new laptop, but purely because of the release of skyrim I've decided to buy a gaming computer.

I have no idea what specs it'll be, or even where to start xD but it'll be 7 or XP, though I far prefer ubuntu (but obviously not for gaming)

Any advice for someone new to the computer buying world? One of the rules is we have to buy parts individually and put it together ourselves (I have two older brothers who worked in a computer shop, it goes with the territory.)

Just follow this guide for components.

http://tinyurl.com/falconguide

Might buy some minor upgrades, but we'll see what happens, my current machine isn't having trouble with any of the newer games I've been playing lately so it might be fine. Worst case scenario I won't be able to play it on max settings but I don't mind the idea of playing on medium settings so long as I can play it and it runs fine.