Tutorials for Skyrim modding

LHammonds

88 members have voted

1. 1. Type of tutorials?

• Video-based tutorial
    • Text+Image tutorial
    • Text only tutorial
    • Any kind that best covers the material
  2. 2. What areas would you prefer to be covered?

• How to create tutorials
    • How to use the Creation Kit
    • Creating models with 3ds Max
    • Creating models with Blender
    • Creating textures in Adobe Photoshop
    • Creating textures in GIMP
    • Creating textures in Paint.NET
    • Creating audio for voice overs
    • Creating audio for sound FX

In my view it is important knowledge and skills:

- Import, export and edit model

- good design and structure of the model and its correct texturing

- knowledge of design and construction quests

- knowledge of design and construction scripts

Creating quests, dialogues and scripts I might as well put above the constructions of models

When I look at a collection of plugins here on TesNexus I see the following scene:

- there are a lot of variations on the theme of "race" - but only very few of them differ much more than just attributes and skills. Less is then such that they add their own textures and just a few tries to add his own body parts. And it is still among them a lot of plugins that can be described as "strange" or "bizzare".

- there is a lot of different armor and clothing, but only few of them have their own models, all others use models developed by another author than the author of the plugin

- rare is "plug-ins with the story", plugins that create some kind of story

- Rare are the plugins that use scripts to meet the complex activities and events

From this it is evident that the art of texturing is between moders well managed, as well as art of creating NPC and new races.

Much less moders knows the secrets of scripting and creation of new models and animation in the "ab initio" style.

Very rare are the creators of quests, probably because the quests and dialogue requires a true talent of good writer.

Edited by Semtex

• 5 months later...
well, since the time I posted a couple pages back - I've learned the CS by 1) the great tutorial that's from 2006 on the CS wiki and by watching my 15 year old use it. Yes it's true. I made the little fart learn how to do stuff so he could show me in real time and it worked great. Now I only wish I could understand scripting. It's something I've never been able to wrap my head around it. So, maybe some more advanced tutorials is what I need now.