The Nexus 2.5 Millionth Member Competition

Dark0ne

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are, at least, body models allowed?

to make clothes or armors without is attempting the impossible

Its not impossible. Its just trying to adapt a new body model as a new standard is hard to obtain. Most people will tend to only use a body model if it has enough content to download that use it. This takes time unless there is nothing else avalible at the time of a games release. But to make a new body model just for a contest doesn't seem like something i would like to do because i love HGEC body too much to change.

Are, at least, body models allowed?

to make clothes or armors without is attempting the impossible

Its not impossible. Its just trying to adapt a new body model as a new standard is hard to obtain. Most people will tend to only use a body model if it has enough content to download that use it. This takes time unless there is nothing else avalible at the time of a games release. But to make a new body model just for a contest doesn't seem like something i would like to do because i love HGEC body too much to change.

well, not impossible, indeed.

it's possible to make an armor which cover all the body, so a body model won't be usefull.

but it will be less interresting.

As a DA player (and very minor modder) I laughed when I read about this issue.

With the Infinity engine used in Dragon Age, the armour/clothing REPLACES the body model. So for every new outfit you have to build a new model, (yes, there are vanilla ones available to use as a starting point) and then apply it x2 genders, x3 races (and a 4th, if you want 100% compatibility.) That's SEVEN sets in all!

One thing i find ironic about this contest is that its celebrates the coming of 2million members when you look at hot files and download traffic a lot of activity is mainly focused on skimpy armor/clothing, house mods, and huge amounts of beautification. Sure there are lots of good mods that are released that go against these types of files that add quests and/or adding resorces but mostly the average member doesn't just download a resorce or think the 1st thing they want to download is a some new quest etc...

As sad as it may seem and as I see it in my own personal view "SEX SELLS". a lot of times why people are attracted to a site is based on the attraction of something. I for one when i 1st joined TESnexus was because i saw a random image of a very sexy HGEC based outfit on a google image search and saw in the back ground the imperial city from oblivion. After that i found this forum.

To make a long story short It drove me to love oblivion seeing all the neat and beautiful sexy armor and clothing that could be added to the game. I ended up wanting to figure out how to do all this and started modding myself. And none of my work i have released publicly would have been possible without the use of resorces either utilities, programs and meshes and textures. Even the most well known and celebrated authors with extreme high traffic download volume use other Authors resorces and lots of people neglect to realize this.

I open up TESnexus home page and see the current hot file is "R18PN - Eisen Platte Armor for HGEC" by author KURESE this file has been up there seeming since its release and it just makes me wonder how many new members joined this forum just seeing this file (sex sells). I know for fact Kurese didn't create HGEC body and even looking further only gives credits to RAIAR.

I know a lot has changed since I was lastly a very active member. I noticed the site is going more PG13 compaired to 2 years ago when alomst anything goes was allowed.

Also I could be completely wrong about everything i just stated. but thats just my prospective of things :)

Kurese didn't create HGEC body and even looking further only gives credits to RAIAR.

The general impression is that RAIAR is Kurese/NPR. That's what I've always been told. It goes even further than that though, Raiar wasn't the only one who worked on HGEC, and it goes even further- Exemn created the original eye candy body that HGEC basically replaced.

An outfit created off the general wishes of the community would be great, and yeah it probably would get the most downloads based on what seems to be the most popular tastes with users...but then there's that whole resources issue with body models again.

(Glad to see you back, we missed you!)

I apologize ,I misread. I meant no disrespect

None taken :)

Edited by Korana

The general impression is that RAIAR is Kurese/NPR. That's what I've always been told. It goes even further than that though, Raiar wasn't the only one who worked on HGEC, and it goes even further- Exemn created the original eye candy body that HGEC basically replaced.

RAIAR is not Kurese. And if RAIAR is Kurese the author has a conflict to decide what user name to use for the forum because this violates the rule of only having one account. And i know who has worked on HGEC body silly :)

And thanks Korana I missed you too :)

Edited by colourwheel

LOL I know YOU do, I was expanding it for others. :-)

I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what I've always been told by multiple people. You know how rumors go though....

Out of curiosity, I'm not 18, and won't be before this competition ends, but if I were to make an entry, could I still post it anyway, and make it clear in the description that I'm not elegible? Cause I'd love to make something for it, even if I can't win. Edited by HowlingSnail