Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #25811344.

djhater wrote: Why doesn't anyone care that Fallout 4 is still NOT being developed by the actual real creator of Fallout?? The Original creator knows the world, lore and vision better than anyone.

"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

It does not matter is 1994 vs 2015 or isometric vs 3d/fps It's still Tim Cain's vision ....

You really think the creator doesn't know games evolved?? that 3d games exist? he wanted to 3D too.

Tim is the only guy actually qualified to do a real proper Fallout game(that would NOT disappoint)

His skills/stats system influenced TES games as well as other rpg games.

It's his world his vision and he should be working on it Not that TES retard Todd Howard.

Quotes from Tim(Original Fallout creator) about Fallout 3

"FEV was supposed to be localized to CA, I would have done something completely different."

"If I were to compare the two games, I would say that Fallout New Vegas felt like it captured the humor and style of the Fallout universe better than Fallout 3"

"New Vegas is very good and comes closer to FO1 for me than any of the other games."

And don't try arguing irrelevant things like..

"fallout was dead and Bethesda revived it"

"Bethesda made better world in Fallout 3"

"iso-metric vs FPS"

- Other nonsense like "Fallout 3 really better captured the feeling of post-apocalyptic world"

Again NOBODY knows the Fallout world better than it's own creator....

You simply can Not argue with the creator's vision of his Fallout world

Fallout 3 was Not "real Fallout 3"

it was just some "Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay" game with a "fallout name" but only because Bethesda says so. just because you can wander around a "wasteland" doesn't make it "Fallout"

having total 50's theme doesn't make it Fallout.

Never had only stuck in the 1950's overly done retro feel.. the world had moved on since

Fallout had the 50s futuristic theme representing the old pre-war world that was lost, with little remnants of it left behind. Not perpetual 50's life. The 50's styling has always been there,but it was a different kind of 50's styling and it was a lot more subtle.

The soundtracks of Fallout 1 and 2 are very un-retro.

Bethesda basically sued, robbed, shitted on Tim and the rest of the guys(stole his world)

AGAIN YOU CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THE ORIGINAL FALLOUT CREATOR'S VISION OF THE WORLD HE CREATED.

The creators came up with a great universe, but they can't tell a story to save their life.

I'd much rather have a better game than a more "legitimate" game. And Fallout New Vegas was a huge, huge let down... I still haven't finished it...it's just flat, uninteresting, tedious in the extreme. Compared to Fallout 3 that I've played through a few times and dug into every last square foot of the maps. If the "creator" had done Fallout 3 it would have been the last Fallout game ever produced...because it would have killed the franchise.

Fallout 3 knew how to write and tell an good story. Fallout New Vegas...like much of the Obsidian games...felt like a bunch of automated throw away stories with no point, surprise, or character development whatsoever. A million choices...all equally meaningless, mundane, and repetitive...combined with the worlds worst and most tedious crafting systems imaginable.

Lol WHAT?

Fallout 3 had a good story?

"WORLD IS IN DANGER. PEOPLE ARE DYING LEFT AND RIGHT. ONE MAN CAN SAVE HUMANITY."

GOTY.

Best story ever.

Best RPG ever.

Nothing can beat this masterpiece.

EXCEPT

A - Worst dialogue ever. "Your face looks like my butt." "You must have such a good looking butt then."

B - useless choices. Does it matter if I nuke Megaton or not? SPOILERS: No.

C - Attachment to story = ZERO. Do I FEEL like I should save those people and NOT poison the water? No, I don't. It's daddy's dream, not mine. I do not feel like that at all. Do I feel attached to Megaton, and feel strong feelings to not nuke it? No. I do not.

---

Also, a RPG is grey, not black and white. You get 2 evils. You choose the lesser one and hope for the best.

Fallout 3 is literally black and white.

Do you wish to nuke Megaton or not? People die if you nuke it, -1000 Karma. Clearly evil. People don't die if you don't do it, +1000 karma. Clearly good.

Do you wish to poison Project Purity or not? See above.

Do you wish to help Big Town survive or not? See above, but I don't think there's a Karma penalty.

Do-.. You get the point.

Edited by Mohamed2001

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709 are all replies on the same post.

frogzilla98 wrote: I feel like I'm in a club of eight who like the fact that the Protagonist may have a voice.

#championofkirkwall
Traditionalfire wrote: DA2 will always be my favorite Dragon Age.
frogzilla98 wrote: Just a lowly refugee, your champion arrived
Brown shores of Ferelden fade to Kirkwall's buzzing hive
Rose above the poverty and rose above the pain
My friend became the savior of the white city of chains
frogzilla98 wrote: Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?
Rioplats wrote: I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?
Thviker wrote: Honestly, the trailer makes it look like it's not modifiable at all, but hopefully that's just because it's pre-rendered.
Rioplats wrote: No way, I refuse to believe that Bethesda has given up modding... It looks like a boosted version of the Creation/Gamebryo engine, so it should be moddable, right?

I have lost all hope myself of this game being tolerable. So I counting on you guys to keep the hope up. Everything may change once we see some actual gameplay though. Edited by Thviker

In response to post #25811829.

Mohamed2001 wrote:

djhater wrote: Why doesn't anyone care that Fallout 4 is still NOT being developed by the actual real creator of Fallout?? The Original creator knows the world, lore and vision better than anyone.
"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

It does not matter is 1994 vs 2015 or isometric vs 3d/fps It's still Tim Cain's vision ....
You really think the creator doesn't know games evolved?? that 3d games exist? he wanted to 3D too.
Tim is the only guy actually qualified to do a real proper Fallout game(that would NOT disappoint)
It's his world his vision and he should be working on it Not that TES retard Todd Howard.

"FEV was supposed to be localized to CA, I would have done something completely different."
"If I were to compare the two games, I would say that Fallout New Vegas felt like it captured the humor and style of the Fallout universe better than Fallout 3"
"New Vegas is very good and comes closer to FO1 for me than any of the other games."

"iso-metric vs FPS"
- Other nonsense like "Fallout 3 really better captured the feeling of post-apocalyptic world"

it was just some "Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay" game with a "fallout name" but only because Bethesda says so. just because you can wander around a "wasteland" doesn't make it "Fallout"

Never had only stuck in the 1950's overly done retro feel.. the world had moved on since
Fallout had the 50s futuristic theme representing the old pre-war world that was lost, with little remnants of it left behind. Not perpetual 50's life. The 50's styling has always been there,but it was a different kind of 50's styling and it was a lot more subtle.

Bethesda basically sued, robbed, shitted on Tim and the rest of the guys(stole his world)

AGAIN YOU CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THE ORIGINAL FALLOUT CREATOR'S VISION OF THE WORLD HE CREATED.

The creators came up with a great universe, but they can't tell a story to save their life.

I'd much rather have a better game than a more "legitimate" game. And Fallout New Vegas was a huge, huge let down... I still haven't finished it...it's just flat, uninteresting, tedious in the extreme. Compared to Fallout 3 that I've played through a few times and dug into every last square foot of the maps. If the "creator" had done Fallout 3 it would have been the last Fallout game ever produced...because it would have killed the franchise.

Fallout 3 knew how to write and tell an good story. Fallout New Vegas...like much of the Obsidian games...felt like a bunch of automated throw away stories with no point, surprise, or character development whatsoever. A million choices...all equally meaningless, mundane, and repetitive...combined with the worlds worst and most tedious crafting systems imaginable.

Lol WHAT?

"WORLD IS IN DANGER. PEOPLE ARE DYING LEFT AND RIGHT. ONE MAN CAN SAVE HUMANITY."

GOTY.

Best story ever.

Best RPG ever.

EXCEPT

A - Worst dialogue ever. "Your face looks like my butt." "You must have such a good looking butt then."

C - Attachment to story = ZERO. Do I FEEL like I should save those people and NOT poison the water? No, I don't. It's daddy's dream, not mine. I do not feel like that at all. Do I feel attached to Megaton, and feel strong feelings to not nuke it? No. I do not.

---

Also, a RPG is grey, not black and white. You get 2 evils. You choose the lesser one and hope for the best.

Do you wish to nuke Megaton or not? People die if you nuke it, -1000 Karma. Clearly evil. People don't die if you don't do it, +1000 karma. Clearly good.

Do you wish to help Big Town survive or not? See above, but I don't think there's a Karma penalty.

Do-.. You get the point.

To be fair, nuking Megaton cannot be that evil if you can wash the bad karma away by giving a random hobo a thousand bottles of purified water.

In response to post #25811689.

gusano wrote: This kinda looks more like a RAGE sequel.
Of course, the design of RAGE just looked like an updated Fallout.
Aw, whatever...

:D

If this game turns out to be a sequel to that, I'll show you the true sequel to RAGE!!! Edited by Thviker

In response to post #25811829. #25812254 is also a reply to the same post.

Mohamed2001 wrote:

"iso-metric vs FPS"

Lol WHAT?

GOTY.

Best story ever.

Best RPG ever.

EXCEPT

---

Do-.. You get the point.

Zeruel241 wrote: To be fair, nuking Megaton cannot be that evil if you can wash the bad karma away by giving a random hobo a thousand bottles of purified water.

And with purified water bottles just lying around everywhere, it's strange why they can't just search in the nearby buildings themselves :/

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709, #25811839 are all replies on the same post.

frogzilla98 wrote: I feel like I'm in a club of eight who like the fact that the Protagonist may have a voice.

#championofkirkwall
frogzilla98 wrote: Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?
Rioplats wrote: I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?
Thviker wrote: Honestly, the trailer makes it look like it's not modifiable at all, but hopefully that's just because it's pre-rendered.
Rioplats wrote: No way, I refuse to believe that Bethesda has given up modding... It looks like a boosted version of the Creation/Gamebryo engine, so it should be moddable, right?
Thviker wrote: I have lost all hope myself of this game being tolerable. So I counting on you guys to keep the hope up. Everything may change once we see some actual gameplay though.

Entire video was rendering in game...

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709, #25811839, #25812549 are all replies on the same post.

#championofkirkwall
Thviker wrote: I have lost all hope myself of this game being tolerable. So I counting on you guys to keep the hope up. Everything may change once we see some actual gameplay though.
hector530 wrote: Entire video was rendering in game...

You can't prove that.

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709, #25811839, #25812549, #25812579 are all replies on the same post.

#championofkirkwall
hector530 wrote: Entire video was rendering in game...
Thviker wrote: You can't prove that.

go to their facebook they say it, BGS has never done bullshots.

One the very few who havent

In response to post #25811829. #25812254, #25812534 are all replies on the same post.

Mohamed2001 wrote:

"iso-metric vs FPS"

Lol WHAT?

GOTY.

Best story ever.

Best RPG ever.

EXCEPT

---

Do-.. You get the point.

Zeruel241 wrote: To be fair, nuking Megaton cannot be that evil if you can wash the bad karma away by giving a random hobo a thousand bottles of purified water.
Thviker wrote: And with purified water bottles just lying around everywhere, it's strange why they can't just search in the nearby buildings themselves :/

They are just following the example set by the FO3 Super Mutants: why consume the countless amounts of 200 year old fresh food and water you are surrounded by that's perfectly safe to consume when you can struggle to get it off of other folks?