Dead Space 2: to get it or not to get it?

SpellAndShield

No PC demo, that's nice.

So, 'nay' from me. Maybe I'll get it if it shows up in a Steam sale in a few years from now.

I think I'll wait then. I get suspicious when developers won't release a demo, more so when they don't release it on one platform, especially if that platform is the PC.

I would caution against it.

Because the first one was absolutely miserable, virtualy everything it tried was half assed.

If anything it reminded me of a certain KillZone game in which enemies always tried to hide on the wrong side of cover-standing in plain view facing the wrong way. This whole miserable ordeal was basicaly one long quicktime event, interspersed with trudging between badly placed shops to buy things, even if done well, the shops in itself would have broken it, afterall they completely break the mood, the scene, the theme, and push a sense of realism beyond any retrieval, but everything here was miserably badly paced: it feels like the work of a talentless rookie team who really shouldnt be in the gaming development business at all, maybe doing something more their calibre, like drawing with crayons?

TL;DR:

Pathetic story.

Unreliable.

Abysmal theme.

Not even remotely scary, I would let children play it.

Unimaginative. 2.3/10

Edited by Vindekarr

Oh plenty, I just dont usualy get a chance to mention it in this sort of conversation.

If the general interests of the people of this forum were a bit diferent I'd probably come across as a lot more positive, but I, at a core level, dont really modern games all that much, and I'd always rather be honest and sound like a despressive than lie.

There are things I like, they just arent the sort of thing nexusians seem at all intersted in. I could talk about them, but then you'd go to sleep fom boredum.

This is hardly the time or the place,

Frankly you should get a demo and make your own mind up-but in experience DeadSpace is Dead Boring, so as a Space Marine famously said "Hope is the first step on a path leading only to disapointment"

This is hardly the time or the place,

Frankly you should get a demo and make your own mind up-but in experience DeadSpace is Dead Boring, so as a Space Marine famously said "Hope is the first step on a path leading only to disapointment"

Actually I am enjoying watching Dead Space 2 LPs on youtube but I won't be getting it because horror survival isn't really my thing.

I played the first one on PC. I didn't like the third person view in the first one, it was awkward. The controls were too. The 'scares' were cheap 'boo!' kind of scares, with monsters jumping out, lots of gore, and someone torturing violins for 'dramatic music' which was totally overdone.

For a space ship survival horror shooter I prefer System Shock 2. It's clear that Dead Space was inspired by it quite a bit, but not enough. :P

Edited by Povuholo

• 3 weeks later...

Only you can decide that. Why would you ask strangers? We don't know what you will enjoy or not.

The easy answer is - get the first one since it is so cheap now.

http://store.steampo....com/app/17470/

I, for one, will definitely be getting it (I'm backed up on games right now thanks to the Steam holiday sale, heh). Vindekarr's opinion is definitely in the minority on this successful game.