Fallout 4 Graphics Controversy.

SoberBarn

Yeah, I thought the graphics were damn nice. Why are people even whinging?

Scottmack, I heard that both the male and female protagonist voice actors had to record more than 13,000 lines each - if true, there should be plenty of dialogue for modders to use.

Edited by billyro

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snip

Scottmack, I heard that both the male and female protagonist voice actors had to record more than 13,000 lines each - if true, there should be plenty of dialogue for modders to use.

Sure but it still requires modders to go in and splice what they need together which will take longer than just recording it, still doable just more hassle. Im more peeved about the way dialogue choices are presented than anything tbh.

Agreed. I would have preferred an unvoiced protagonist, but from what I can gather, at least it will be done properly (not skimpily or rushed). As for the dialogue choice summaries, there'll be a mod that expands them. There'll also be a mod that makes the protagonist silent again. I'm almost sure of it! :)

I just want my world to not be so disjointed as everyone is able to speak but I suddenly have a mute button. So I'm not really annoyed, I just know that Beth's dull dialogue would be in full display with a all voiced cast

I just watched the Fallout 4 Gameplay I mean I don't really care what the graphics look like I'm not a graphic Nazi but the graphics look amazing but it looks like your going to need an Alienware to run it. It looks like a pretty cool game and I'm looking forward to playing it once it comes out. Idk why people are whining about it.

Edited by LynxMcPaws

but it looks like your going to need an Alienware to run it.

No... Absolutely not this. Alienware is overpriced crap. People really need to stop connecting this name with performance of any kind, it simply isn't the case any more. The top of the line Alienware PC available, despite being several thousand dollars, has about the performance of a budget gaming PC, in a designer box, but filled with low grade components from China. There's a reason why the mere mention of it can cause most people in the know to go off on a rant. These computers may look nice, but they are absolute junk compared to the dozens of other options available these days... Even for people who don't want to spend the effort watching videos about putting a PC together, there are better options.

That said... No, FO4 probably won't require a super computer to run. It will still probably require a computer using fairly recent and higher end hardware, but nothing crazy. The game is, afterall, designed to still run on an XBone (the least powerful of the current console generation (excluding Wii U)). Meaning that while PC might have upgraded graphics options available, the core and minimum specs for the game are likely to remain fairly low, something to the tune of; 6gb ram, 3.5 ghz, dx 11/dx12. A higher end graphics card will naturally be able to support better graphics at higher resolutions or framerates, but it is unlikely you will need something more powerful than a GTX 7xx or ATI R7 series if you're just wanting to play the game.