Daedric Princes in Skyrim?

SpellAndShield

• 4 weeks later...

Some thing tells me that daedra will not play any major role in this Elder Scrolls, it really not that Bethesda to make game where the main antagonistic faction is back to back while they will most likely still be in the game.

Don't want to sound like a ranter, but Daedric Princes aren't antagonistic as a whole, nor are they all part of any faction. Each and every Daedric Prince operates independently of others, though they're known to occasionally collaborate and meet etc. Bethesda simply made Mehrunes Dagon one of the antagonists in the Oblivion title, though I agree it's not likely to happen again.

I personally prefer the Daedric Princes to how they were in the Morrowind game - They are all-powerful god-like beings, it should be hard as f*** to get even one to notice you let alone offer a task or conversation, etc. The Oblivion game really killed the idea of having to work your a** off just to find a shrine as well.

I feel like there's just no way they could leave them out of Skyrim. No matter where you go in the world (although there are exceptions, ie islands and the like), influences of other religions are there. Even if the daedra aren't prominent, i think they have to be included. Besides, I think happening upon a hidden daedric shrine is much more exciting than them being out in the open.

If there are dwemer ruins, and there will be, it would be more than likely that there would be daedra there in some way. Daedric shrines like in Morrowind were epic, the wayshrines in Oblivion were good also. Maybe a combination of thee two, that would top the cake, so to speak.

If I recall, the daedra only played a major role in Oblivion's main quest. The others before have dealt with other antagonists, like Jagar Tharn, Mannimarco, or Dagoth Ur. They played supporting roles and sidequests in those games. I expect it'll be the same in Skyrim.

I think that if any are going to be prevalent, it will be Hircine, any others will likely be minor (Hircine has a history with Nords, although specifically the Skaal) Azura tends to appear as semi-important all the time as well. The Daedra really have too big a presence on Nirn (at least from what lore says) to really be just left out, particularly Azura. (Not to mention all the badass Daedric Artifacts that would be missed if the Daedra were removed)

I'm hoping Hircine will be a prominent side quest figure. It'd be cool if there was a whole big thing with lycanthropic creatures going on behind the Alduin destroying the world part of the story. Kind of like how they did with the Shivering Isles.

Plus.... I'm a werewolf kind of guy, as far as popular were-creatures go.

• 9 months later...

There are shrines of daedric princes i jsut did molag bal one is on the abandaoned house in markart but isnt like oblivion and morrowind because here in skyrim the priests of the 9 divines are more and they are destroying all the daedric cults because for them is a abomination, the molag bal quest is cool but you have to do somehting bad to earn it. :(

Hope this help sorry if i have bad english

EDIT by LHammonds: I think you get Thread Necromancer of the year award. Please make note of how old the topic is before replying / resurrecting. I'm sure the numeric dates work the same in your language. ;)