Anything out there about unarmed combat?

SpellAndShield

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a post about this earlier I have always made a warrior Mage and a monk Read up on monks in the fantasy books there hands could shatter stone they can heal them self by simply meditating monks are so intune with there body they can bend the laws of physics say Danica from the clerical quintet series and in the ghost king by r a Salvatore she is able to punch through armor go toe to toe with Artemis entrie and break stone with her head so in a fantasy world a monks fist are just as lethal as a warriors sword or a mages spell give hand to hand a little credit I hope they do have a good hand to hand combat system maybe a quick palm smash to the chest or temple for a stun or a quick jab to the throat. Even some upper cuts for a knockback sneak up behind someone and snap there neck or choke them out . And just for (kicks) add kicks like sweeps roundhouses and such I mean why not I love weaponless combat In oblivian they even had a premade monk class

So if a sword do more damage than a fist... swords should be also out of the game, there are people casting lightning and fireballs, in a realistic way there is no way a man armed with a sword sould beat someone that could kill him casting a thunder on him just waving a hand, and also there is no way an armored knight could beat a giant or a dragon.

You can chop the dragon's head off with a sword, but not with your hands. You can stab a magician to death with a sword and kill him pretty quickly if you manage to get close. Doesn't work too well with your hands.

And the laws of phisics serve fantasy, not the other way.

?

who cares? if you dont want it to be good, just dont use it. dont spoil other peoples fun by not allowing it. maybe hand to hand shouldnt be as strong as a sword, but it should be balanced with the sword and have a use with in the game.

also, you may want to play as a strong ninja who sneaks up behind people and breaks there neck /barbarian character, whos punches can shatter bones. dont stop people from doing that.

I'm not "not allowing" it, I'm merely saying that I think the feature is not really necessary. (Exceptions are Quests where you lose your equipment, of course)

Unarmed is a skill i always loved to hate. Always been horrible, and really no use in the game :(

Would be awesome if they actually made it atleast decent this time and added some use for it like some underground boxing fights and bar brawls.

Games like Jade Empire and Batman: Arhkam Asylum had some interesting combat systems, that i think worked well even for PC, and would like to see something like that in Skyrim. Really douth we will see that in Skyrim tho, but less can do. Being able to sneak up on a person and kill him would be nice, but properly make sneak a bit overpowered, with the use of chameleon.

And would be awesome if they actually put Unarmed into use this time. The Imperial Legion, or someone else, having some trouble with some underground boxing fights and want you to infiltrate them. Bar brawls would also be nice to see, and make taverns more "fun" to visit. A starter quest where you have to go out kill a bear without armor and weapons, to test if your are worthy of learning from the Greybeards, or what ever they are called, would be awesome as well. Lot of quests that can make use of Unarmed if they want to.

Also would love to see Unarmed be renamed to Glima :P

But beating up a dragon with your bare hands... You are not Chuck Norris!

...Being able to sneak up on a person and kill him would be nice, but properly make sneak a bit overpowered, with the use of chameleon...

This is confirmed to be part of the game - currently, sneaking up behind a character and attacking with your dagger deals 10x normal damage (This may be changed later on.) :)

But beating up a dragon with your bare hands... You are not Chuck Norris!

What if he is? :blink:

It's necessary for the peoPle who want to role play an unarmed hero........…

And if I want to play as a cow, a cow race is necessary for me.

Wait, it's not. It's desirable, but not necessary.

Well, the difference between wanting to be a cow and wanting to have unarmed in the game is that unarmed is a natural part of combat, being a cow is not natural for human beings...

Think of this situation: You are fighting against a guy, and your sword breaks, leaving you with no weapon whatsoever. What do you do? You don't just stand there looking at they guy because, well, you don't have any weapon... No, you start hitting the guy with your hands!

...I find unarmed combat rather unnecessary and unrealistic anyway.

Unarmed combat is unrealistic? WHOA! You should really get out some times.. Not healthy to sit in front of the computer all day... Unarmed Combat is used EVERY day, EVERY hour, in real life...

So, stating that unarmed combat is unrealistic is just stupid... (Not saying you're stupid, just the statement. :wink:)

...I find unarmed combat rather unnecessary and unrealistic anyway.

Unarmed combat is unrealistic? WHOA! You should really get out some times.. Not healthy to sit in front of the computer all day... Unarmed Combat is used EVERY day, EVERY hour, in real life...

So, stating that unarmed combat is unrealistic is just stupid... (Not saying you're stupid, just the statement. :wink:)

Yep, that's because most people out there don't own swords or at least don't like carrying them around all day. That again is because we have guns and very little chance of dragon assaults.

Yep, that's because most people out there don't own swords or at least don't like carrying them around all day. That again is because we have guns and very little chance of dragon assaults.

And how does that make it unrealistic to be able to fight with your hands in TES?? That does not make sense.

From my last post: "Think of this situation: You are fighting against a guy, and your sword breaks, leaving you with no weapon whatsoever. What do you do? You don't just stand there looking at they guy because, well, you don't have any weapon... No, you start hitting the guy with your hands!"

Another situation is also when you are trying to just knock someone out, without killing them or hurting them too much. You wouldn't use your shield or your mace, as that may kill them or seriously injure them - no, you use your hands...

Another situation, much like the above: A bar brawl. You fight with your hands, you don't use your bad-ass war-axe of doom...

From my last post: "Think of this situation: You are fighting against a guy, and your sword breaks, leaving you with no weapon whatsoever. What do you do? You don't just stand there looking at they guy because, well, you don't have any weapon... No, you start hitting the guy with your hands!"

Another situation is also when you are trying to just knock someone out, without killing them or hurting them too much. You wouldn't use your shield or your mace, as that may kill them or seriously injure them - no, you use your hands...

Another situation, much like the above: A bar brawl. You fight with your hands, you don't use your bad-ass war-axe of doom...

I don't deny that. Some kind of unarmed combat will be in the game, because it has to be in the game. I just think it shouldn't be a skill, and shouldn't be comparable to swordfighting etc. in terms of damage. Of course you will be able to do some kind of unarmed combat in situations like those you described, but I imo anything more than a standard punch-block system would be a waste of resources.

Edited by Cleverar