Playing a warrior-archetype?

ElricOfGrans

Playing a pure warrior was about the hardest Oblivion playing I have ever done. Magical characters are much easier to use and much more fun. My rule was that this character was to be a pure warrior. He would never do alchemy, use nothing but restoration magic, and not advance in attributes that help with magic use. It stunk. I would fight a monster or two and then have to stop and wait for my wimpy magicka to recharge so I could heal myself. There were never enough potions, since I couldn't make them myself and couldn't afford to buy enough. So I would find a safe place where the enemies were not going to ambush me and wait (after almost every battle.) I would leave the computer chair and lift my dumbbells or read a book while keeping an eye on the computer to see if I was getting unexpectedly attacked and to see if I had enough magic yet to cast another healing spell.

It took forever to clear out a dungeon or close an Oblivion gate. I later decided this was an unworkable approach and focused on catching up in the magic department so I could cast good restoration spells. But it was sort of too late. My character was warped. I was too high of a level to be able to level up as often as I wanted to. This character never really became successful and viable until he was level 40 and rich as Croesus.

When OOO and other overhauls are installed, you won't be scoffing at the difficulty anymore. No more charging into groups of 10 trying to swing and kill them all. You can actually get hurt seriously. Even IF you're taking them all out in one or two hits, the damage they can do to you is almost just as deadly.

Which is why I just cheat and use tgm.