One World Government

marharth

The title has changed, therefor posting about one word governments would be off topic.

Hahahahahttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif Eminently clever, and a True example of enlightened self-defence: If you want to defend yourself from attack, the best way is to create a situation where the attack cannot arise to begin with.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

As I see it, the phrase "one world government" can mean many things, but today is loaded with negativity, and rightfully so because this reflects how governments at large (especially the Big ones) act. They are unenlightened, self-perpetuating institutions that really do not have humanity's interests at heart like they should, and they often don't even act under their own wills, instead enacting the propaganda and business schemes of the Banks and Corporations that are destroying our world.

It doesn't have to be that way, of course. A One World Government could be a great thing that unifies humanity while keeping its different roots, colours, creeds, mannerisms and so forth. It can protect the weak and probably would be the only way to ensure world-wide equality. It just has to be done in the right way, with Good Vibrations. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may, let me tell you a little story. I hope the topic of this story has already been discussed in a reply which I missed. If not, then I don't fail too much doing this.

One day, the families and citizens of Brompton decided to unite. All their income would be placed in a bank account, and all taxes paid with that banking account. Now not everyone has the same income, that's obvious. Some may have a large honestly earned income and he or she could afford to by things like cars and big flat screen tellies and would probably go out on a regular bases. He or she would have no money problems at all. But now, (let's make it a) he has to put his money on the bank. His expenditure wouldn't change, and his income has changed to the average of the rest in Brompton. He will eventually be in depth. On the other side of Brompton, the once poor are having renovations to repair their old broken houses. They have spent the money they so rightly own. The money which was use to be Mr. Rich's. But now he's in trouble.

Why do the prospected have to suffer from helping the poor, without it being a sacrifice?

Edited by Erryl

If I may, let me tell you a little story. I hope the topic of this story has already been discussed in a reply which I missed. If not, then I don't fail too much doing this.

One day, the families and citizens of Brompton decided to unite. All their income would be placed in a bank account, and all taxes paid with that banking account. Now not everyone has the same income, that's obvious. Some may have a large honestly earned income and he or she could afford to by things like cars and big flat screen tellies and would probably go out on a regular bases. He or she would have no money problems at all. But now, (let's make it a) he has to put his money on the bank. His expenditure wouldn't change, and his income has changed to the average of the rest in Brompton. He will eventually be in depth. On the other side of Brompton, the once poor are having renovations to repair their old broken houses. They have spent the money they so rightly own. The money which was use to be Mr. Rich's. But now he's in trouble.

Why do the prospected have to suffer from helping the poor, without it being a sacrifice?

What does that have to do with the topic...?

I made this a few months ago I think so I am not sure what I said back then, but I am not sure how your post relates to a one world government.

One government for the whole world...?

In the Star Trek universe, that's a Good Idea - it demonstrates that the peoples of the world have solved their problems and are ready to take the next step into a bigger universe.

It's just a shame that Star Trek is Sceince Fiction.

So...Good Idea, Bad Thing to try and achieve. There are a whole gamut of people that will oppose the notion, because they'll all want it to be done their way.

On that note i have something:

*12 tasks of Asterix clip*

I'll see your Asterix, and raise you a Sir Humphrey Appleby:

And, because Sir Humphery's speeches are pure Awsomeness:

One government for the whole world...?

In the Star Trek universe, that's a Good Idea - it demonstrates that the peoples of the world have solved their problems and are ready to take the next step into a bigger universe.

It's just a shame that Star Trek is Sceince Fiction.

So...Good Idea, Bad Thing to try and achieve. There are a whole gamut of people that will oppose the notion, because they'll all want it to be done their way.

On that note i have something:

*12 tasks of Asterix clip*

I'll see your Asterix, and raise you a Sir Humphrey Appleby:

And, because Sir Humphery's speeches are pure Awsomeness:

It couldn't be done now, it's just a hypothetical situation.

Keep in mind, in the Star Trek Universe, the world government wasn't formed until after a couple more world wars, at least one of which, was nuclear........

That's why we call it "fiction".

Because...

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz6/Silver-DNA/Signs%20for%20Posting/flashing_funny_girly_quotes_4.gif

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

:thumbsup::whistling:

And if you create your own universal Government you have to know for what you create it ...

The question remains For what is a world government good for ?

Then you can make up it's outline...

Edited by SilverDNA