"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

sounds like things are going well

and on the note of the centaur couldn't you just have them wear chest armor?

like the centaurs in harry potter and chronicles of narnia just making a suggestion :biggrin:

it would fix the clothing/armor overlap problem would it not?

Edited by hellchosen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like things are going well

and on the note of the centaur couldn't you just have them wear chest armor?

like the centaurs in harry potter and chronicles of narnia just making a suggestion :biggrin:

it would fix the clothing/armor overlap problem would it not?

I dont know what semtex is using his for, but the aim of mine is to make 'playable' centaurs, just forcing the player to wear something is not under my defition of playable.

I think I'm to end up going with Semtex's first solution, an over lapped bit added on that covers the seam. Seems like the best and most compatiable.

So how do you guys feel about this Skyrim khajiit? I'm assuming that is a male from the bulk and fur. The paws look like hands. Kind of hard to tell whether there will be claws, but I think they are going to be Oblivion type khajiit with more fur, so they can wear standard armor. I have not seen any argonians yet.

So how do you guys feel about this Skyrim khajiit?

It looks better than the vanilla Oblivion Khajiit but I always hated that face jowl fur and I'm not crazy about bulk on feline characters, even if they're modeled after big cats like tigers and lions. It doesn't look like they'll have any claws, sadly.

Yeah, I mean...it looks better in terms of textures, but...not was I was hoping for. I think they probably have human or near human feet so they can wear regular boots, but I hope I am wrong. Big cats still aren't broad. Male lions are pretty narrow compared to that khajiit.

Some of the "lack of broadness" in big cats is the fact they are quadrapedal - the bipedal stance and using "hands" means the shoulder joint and hence chest shape would get modified.

However I agree about the "perceived slimness" and so I'm going to be using the BAB female body and a slim Roberts Male variation for my Khajiit when finally installed (assuming that facility from Drake's Argonian mod is used). I'm looking for "modern feline" grace, not the bulkier "feel" of the old sabre-tooth cats.

As for face jowls, and the like, that is a separate issue as it's a head mesh and texture change. Feel free to research it and see what exists out there, for everyone's information. The results might be interesting.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I just want to see the feet and see some female khajiit and argonians from Skyrim. I had really hoped they paid attention to the many people who had asked them why the beasts look like humans with animal heads and different skin and oddly placed tails. It was disappointing to me. If I wanted to play an R2 droid in a Star Wars game, I'd be disappointed if it had two long legs and wore standard boots. Bethesda would just decide droids are really mammals. It's lazy.

Telyn: That's what we're working on fixing. :biggrin: The annoying part to me isn't that they decided to make everyone use the Imperial body by default, I mean I understand that creating a full armor set for multiple bodies is a pain and they were trying to meet deadlines and budgets. I'm fine with that. What irks me is that the bodies are HARD CODED and there isn't even an option for us to change them if we want to, at least not in the CS with standard scripting. If they're going to 'streamline' something to make it simpler then at least leave the option open for us to 'unstreamline' it when the game comes out. [/rant off]

I personally love the look of the Sykrim Khajiit. If the legs are fixed I'll be a happy camper. If not, well... :rolleyes: I'm just not sure what's up with those wrinkled looking monkey hands.

Finally, I'm about halfway through the female greave meshes right now. I've been trying to convert 1 or 2 a night, which leaves me 10 more as of now. (I'm counting all playable armors such as Amelions, Blades, Blackwood, Legion, etc.) The bad news is that I'm working all through this weekend so it won't be ready this week, I'll try for next. I think I may have worked out a fix for the scripts that I need to test so that will give me time to get things ready for the initial beta run.

RP

Looking forward to seeing the leg armor! Maybe if you can show the finished Khajiit around enough, with proper legs and the nice leg armor, it might not be too late for them to decide they should do something similar?

I was hoping that Khajiit is wearing fur and leather gloves. It kind of looks like maybe so from the hand in back. It's kind of difficult to tell but it has no nails at all if he isn't. Maybe the hands are supposed to be scarred, but if those are hands instead of gloves, the skin is really loose. Crossing my fingers those are gloves.