ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

On the neck seam issue - if the neck seam can be moved up to the intersection of the jaw and neck, it'll effectively be invisible from many angles. However, I have no idea whether that could be done so I leave that to you 3D moellers.

While you may think the topic has been hijacked, in fact it hasn't - any improvement applicable to ALL races will, of course, be applicable to the Khajiit and Argonian races - and a body seam alteration is related into animation as it would need to be tested to make sure no funny gapping occurred - so I hereby declare this thread officially NOT hijacked :D

... It's amazing where a simple-looking query can take you - but Oblivion is going to look DAMNED good when you clever people are done with it!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised you can use keyworded material name "skin" for heads also, but if it really doesn't break anything, as it does for everything else not one of the 5 body parts, then it's a really great find.

It works on the head and ears just fine. I've yet to come across problems with it.

On the neck seam issue...

Quoting what I said on the other thread here about minimizing the neck seam in case anyone missed it:

I found a pretty good set of instructions for minimizing that awful neck seam.

Install these mods in this order:

1. Robert's bodies first, with the male v4 head textures for imperials, dark elves and orcs, plus Robert's tweaked human head and orc head

2. Optimized Facegen Files

3. Improved Facial Textures's age maps. Not the full thing, since it contains head textures, and I don't want those. I removed headhuman.dds, headhuman_n.dds, headdarkelf.dds, and headdarkelf_n.dds. I also omitted to install the orc folder and the dremora folder, myself.

(Aaand Improved Argonian Facial Textures, if you care. But it really doesn't matter when you install that one.)

Oh, and in Nifskope I renamed the material for the body parts meshes (heads, ears, tails) of all races to 'skin', and made sure the material settings were the same for all parts.

You can also use mods specifically made for covering up what's left of the neck seam, such as Luchaires Neck Seam Concealer, Custom Neckerchiefs, and Scarves.

Also note that the male better necklines textures DO NOT WORK with version 5.

More off-topic stuff - but of interest to the animators I'm sure - http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/386200-full-attack-combos-in-spears-of-cyrodiil-or-poleweapons/

Now, if I'm reading this correctly, then a "handed" weapon (such as a bow) would only use the animation slots for that specific hand, e.g. Right Hand. Does that mean that if, for instance, you wanted to add a crossbow into the game, then crossbows could be made to use the "other" hand (Left Hand) and thus a new weapon type (or, rather, a model of a different type which became, in-game, a left-handed bow) could be added using those animation slots? Or could you add a left-handed staff to a right-handed sword-wielder instead of a shield, allowing both to be used?

ive been wanting polearms and spears to make a comeback in the elder scrolls games, as well as throwing knives, i know deadly reflex has a throw weapon command but i dont want deadly reflex mecause of the over exxesive "mortal kombat" gore and blood spewing from the smallest cut, only if there was a toned down version that only feature the better fighting and less of the un-needed gore im not really into the whole "blood everywhere" thing, yeah i want realistic blood, thats why i downloaded skycaptains blood, but not a ridiculous amount of it :mellow: Edited by lidarian

Finally got Blender open for a bit this morning and made some changes to the feet. I scaled up the toes and made them a bit longer to take the weight of the body. I think it turned out pretty well. I've decided to focus on getting the female armor pieces done before any clothing that way I can release the male and female armor to you guys to test out while I work on clothing ideas. I should have some testable material ready by next weekend. There's still a bit of tweaking I want to do on the toe area. Here's what the new Ebony armor will look like:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w101/Razorpony/Crebain/Ebony.jpg

Oooh - I like that!

For the test release - can you do the junk in the tutorial? Running a new created character from scratch would be perfect for me if possible.

okay, this is gonna sound weird and totally off topic and I apologize in advance. However, I am looking for "The guy who is working on the centaur mod" and was told he'd been posting here. Would whomever that is please PM me? I have an idea for a horse mod and would like his input. :thumbsup:

Razorpony - There's a set of worn leather armour, and a set of rusty iron armor, plus the sackcloth stuff in the cell.

Quirkyblonde - the guys who are tinkering with the centaur are da mage and Semtex, with occasional input from the rest of us. Hopefully one of them will spot your post in the next day or two. They know more about horse-related animation than most, and may appreciate a variation on your horse tack removal/replacement mod.

Edited by MarkInMKUK