Question regarding Expletives

Sinophile

Greetings mods and Admins,

I had a question regarding the policy on expletives, or at least the rationale behind it. I have noticed that most of the staff do not appreciate the use of asterisks of getting around the wordfilter, or foul language in general. I believe that the rules also extend to sexually explicit as well. Considering that the majority of the games that this forum is devoted to are M-rated games, how necessary is this policy/rule?

Well, anyone over 13 can register. So, it's necessary in order to avoid legal trouble or even just nasty letters from parents, I think. It does kind of bother me that people get less upset about a game that literally lets you shoot some guy's head off than a few four-letter words, but that really is another topic :P

However the games may present their content, they are not typically going to cause you to get upset and react to it...but members on these forums interacting with other members on these forms AND allowing the use of explicatives is just begging for trouble. We would rather not subject our members, even the older ones to such commentary. Even rational people can get upset with such words being thrown at them and generate a response that could get them both into trouble here.

So explicatives, talk about piracy, religion and politics are problems we would rather avoid instead of playing referee to all the fights that would inevitably happen because of it. These are sites dedicated to games and fostering a welcoming community around them and we don't need kind of ****. :thumbsup:

LHammonds

I have noticed that most of the staff do not appreciate the use of asterisks of getting around the wordfilter,

Let the word filter do it's job. Attempts to "get around" the word filter can get your butt into the hot seat.

It used to replace that word. Of course, you're still not allowed to use that as an insult.

ok thanks

I wouldn't use that as an insult,that would be like pointing at someone I'd just be pointing 3 fingers back at my self :teehee: