Weapon mod ideas

Fatalmasterpiece

I would like to start brain storming on a possible mod which would remake most if not all the non-bow weapons and make them look more realistic and ballanced. I feel that Bethesda, while making beautiful models, just doesn't make weapons that look real, as if they would really function. I want them to be smaller, sharper looking, like a real blade and less like something ornamental and bulky.

It would also add types to the leveled lists to incorperate them seamlessly into the world, giving items more diversity. Imperial items would be roughly fashioned on Roman, thus the specification for instance of short blades ei a Gladius. Nordic items would incorperate Nordic art and possibly replicate Scandinavian styles.

I'm interested in lore-specific materials or things just common sense but possibly missed. I'm not looking for new materials like gold, ice, diamond etc.

I've listed them by quality but of course there would be exceptions. Comments, additions, ideas?

Swords:

Chitin (Short)

Iron

Steel

Nordic

Imperial (Short)

Silver

Trollbone (Short)

Dwarven

Elven

Mithril (?)

Orcish

Adamantium

Glass

Stalhrim

Ebony

Daedric

Daggers:

Stone

Chitin

Iron

Steel

Nordic

Imperial

Silver

Trollbone

Dwarven

Elven

Mithril

Orcish

Adamantium

Glass

Stalhrim

Ebony

Daedric

Blunt:

Wood

Stone

Chitin

Iron

Steel

Nordic

Imperial

Silver

Trollbone

Dwarven

Elven

Mithril

Orcish

Adamantium

Glass

Stalhrim

Ebony

Daedric

Axes:

Stone

Chitin

Iron

Steel

Nordic

Imperial

Silver

Trollbone

Dwarven

Elven

Mithril

Orcish

Adamantium

Glass

Stalhrim

Ebony

Daedric

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stahlrim?

While I'm hoping to see this in the game I'm not sure it would be common enough to warrent putting into the lists and have in npc hands. As a rare item it might make sense though...

And how could I forget adamantium... it was my favorite armor, apearence wise.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

I hope to be seeing back scimitars and more exotic brands of weaponry, rather than the generic longsword-shortsword-daggers we got in Oblivion where each is mostly just the others made a different length. Morrowind's scimitars, particularly those wielded by the Hands of Almalexia, were beautiful.

I also would want to see the dwemer weapons Dwemer again, not generic fantasy dwarf stuff.

Yeah, scimitars, and another, my favorite, I made like 5 of these just for myself learning textures, BATTLE CLEAVERS! chop chop chop :woot: . Also maybe crossbows, a slowed down (you have to reload) range alternative that doesn't require as much skill to use (point n' shoot). If there's horseback combat then lances and pikes for fighting mounted guys. From the new release about oil I'm thinking also something like medieval molotov cocktails w/ oil.To stay real though, smaller, lighter weapons, sabres, morningstars, scimitars, cleavers. It's also an idea to copy that mod that turned almost anything into a weapon, seriously, the guards just gave me, the prisoner, a spoon? ITS ON!!!!!!! I also liked the shovel. That's how I clear brush. I hit it with a shovel. It lets my guy do things that I do. On a more serious note. Imperial weapons, since the empire collapsed like 150 years ago, maybe Imperial weapons are rarer/ better than they were in Oblivion, Imperial craft skills were lost w/ the empire, etc.... Finally, more arrows, not just ones for the armor types, but with characteristics, bent, barbed, weighted, and so on. Hope your brainstorm can pull some idead outta this. Edited by mrpepperkitty

I would like to see more monk weapons. I know they go unarmed mostly, but there could be quaterstaffs and gauntlets. But I lean more towards neverwinter night monks than what most people think of a tradional 'unarmed, unarmored' monk would be.

Either way yes my little rogue would love to see more blades that would fit into the 'stealthy' class. small and easily concealed, light weight and stabby!

Good on ya for already thinkin of mods. I don't know why but it just makes me happy when I think of the creativity and work that goes into one. I just wish I could make the camera not hate me so I could make some mods lol.

Good luck with it!

Pepper you need to take it down a notch lol. Too much stuff.

Scimitars arnt a bad idea... Can anyone provide a link to more information about Tes scimitars?

Like I said though I'm only interested really in blades and blunts because they are fairly easy to model.

I just wish for the realswords mod from waalx.Same as the ones in oblivion as they have a really good quality as well as improves the game by adding them to their respective races.