Sewing Mod

InuyashaFE

I know there are shears in the game - or where they added by something like OOO? Those would do for cutting cloth and leather. Yarn exists, so all that is needed is needles and (for leather) maybe an awl. Needles can be crafted from bone or horn fairly easily if the player has a sharp knife or dagger.

I know there are shears in the game - or where they added by something like OOO? Those would do for cutting cloth and leather. Yarn exists, so all that is needed is needles and (for leather) maybe an awl. Needles can be crafted from bone or horn fairly easily if the player has a sharp knife or dagger.

Yes, this would work.

It'd be nice to put even more clutter to good use.

Shears are a standard part of the game, but I always interpreted these as "sheep sheers" which are useful for cutting wool off sheep but of limited use in cutting cloth accurately. I've never actually dropped shears on the ground to look at them to see if they are really scissors, though, because they're worthless clutter. I can honestly say that I have NEVER had shears in my inventory -- not even for a moment.

Yarn is not thread. You use thread for sewing things together. You darn socks from yarn.

Frankly, though, there are sheep in the game. Put those shears to use. Shear some sheep (say that real fast ten times in a row). This produces an item called "wool". Find a spinning wheel (none in the game, unless a mod I don't know about adds them). Make your own yarn. Yarn is good for making sweaters, as well as socks, although we don't have either socks or sweaters in the game.

That's true, except that Crafty Bits is a rather complex mod. It's possible that the author could be persuaded to add something like this to it, although that mod actually includes a lot of things that really don't interest me, specifically. Even so, that mod has been in my "to try" folder for a long time waiting for an opportunity to be tested.

OH!!! Please make!

This has been bothering me for a while as well

Have a look here: Isaacs Crafting Mod

To me this was better then craftybits. It's nice you can do crafting immersion style. But the project got to big it has a few serious bugs and was eventually abandoned.

Hence I think Isaacs is better. But that too got abandoned. Think it's safe to say both are Modder resource. (I just checked Isaacs crafting mod readme it is Modder resource just want credits if another mod is based on his work)

If possible make it also you can melt armor, Weapons & Clother to ingots there are ingots meshes out there which are Modder resource

(Iron, steel, Silver, glass, deadric) but for all armor including mod armor based on weight perhaps?

MMM also have some sort of crafting but for hides only and it’s limited.

I say this would be an excellent addition :) I sew in my spare time, would be nice if my PC could do it too :D This and a awesome workable (Craftybits had it right...but too buggy) cooking mod and my game would be complete :D Edited by Illiad86

If we're suggesting cloth, we ought to have at least the implication of a weaving process to MAKE the cloth - after all, those rugs and wall hangings have to come from someplace and even a tapestry needs a woven backing. You could even start in the tutorial cell with a needle and some sacking - prisoners have been sewing sacks for donkey's years.

I've also used a mod recently that had the ability to bleach cloth and fabricate armor bits - but for the life of me cannot remember WHICH mod it was. Nehrim impliments a mining/crafting mod of some kind but porting it across might be tricky. However, it shows what can be done.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

This is also something that has bothered me greatly. I really liked some of my characters to wear normal clothes, rather than armor all the time. But I ran into so much trouble that it didn't even seem worth it. I think if this mod is going to be done it should either be at a designated home, or just be something built in, like the ingredients mixer. So you have the supplies yourself, and make it yourself. Not a shop that you have to go to and pay for things for. This is supposed to be you customizing or own wear. The option to find or I guess maybe even buy the supplies should be there, but doing it yourself to make what you want is the important thing here. InuyashaFE and Ferryt seem to have the right idea here, especially with what InuyshaFE originally requested (which I am all the way on board with).

I mean, I like and understand why people would want to add enhancements and what not to this mod. I think personally if any enhancements were to be done it would be so that you can wear the clothes while exploring, so that if you did go into battle it wouldn't be as if you were naked without any sort of bodily protection. If so, what I'm curious with also is if this mod would also affect games already established in the game?

Anyways, good idea, InuyshaFE. Kudos to you! :D