A "No Civilisation" Mod

modskyrimtopieces

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean something like what Dust does for New Vegas? It's a great idea, if the success of that mod is anything to go by. I'd love to play it. If I had time, I'd love to make it but alas. :psyduck:

Yes sort of like Dust. :smile: But this mod would have no cities at all and the landcape wouldn't be changed (just new landcape added where the cities were). Skyrim would just be wilderness with abandoned forts, old ruins and places of interest/beauty. More bandits could be added and they could be buffed to make the no civilisation experience more of a challenge. Also, the villages like Rorikstead would remain and could perhaps have more guards added. There are plenty of survival, camping and general realism/immersion mods which would compliment this mod nicely creating an experience similar to Dust. :tongue:

Edited by modskyrimtopieces

Why not keep the cities and empty out all the NPC's. What I mean is a mode like Red Dead Redemption's Zombie Mode. Quests would have to be disabled, all normal NPC's removed, and in their stead, place all manner of monsters and undead.

Weathers could be altered to be extremely foggy and dark.

This could make the world feel like that of Berserk's.

Could make for an interesting mod.

Lotta work would have to go into this, nevermind the countless errors this would create.

Edited by Di0nysys

It would be tedious work but that's nothing unusual; modding is 99% monotonous grind. :)

countless errors this would create

Why would it create errors? The concept presupposes you aren't interested in vanilla quests, none of them, so all quests are disabled. All vanilla unique npcs can be disabled and otherwise replaced. This isn't necessarily tough to do. Then you add to the wilderness, more trees and so on. If you really wanted to get ambitious, you can transform the five major cities into crumbling ruins where nameless horrors lurk :P and get rid of the main roads. It's time consuming and there can always be a curveball or two. It will be incompatible with a lot of mods out there of course, but that's kind of the point of the mod. No need to worry about compatibilities. What a blissful thought :thumbsup:

I wonder if someone WOULD be interested enough to remove the ridiculous amount of ingame content that are tied to cities and its citizens. :ohmy: I think the job would be a really big undertaking.

I like the idea because going into cities can be quite annoying with all the cell changes and whatnot

"I would like to see a mod that removes towns and most of the NPCs in general leaving Skyrim a completely uncharted land."

I was actually talking about this in chat the other day; and have started making it. Got bored and figured: "Well, game breaking saves aren't very popular.." and scrapped it. lol

Anyways; " I will still maintain that this mod is surely easier to do than creating new textures, new lands or new quests etc" Getting it to work in it's very simplest of forms, yes. Getting it to make sense with the roads and other mods- not really.

I'll put two hours in, and see how much progress I can make on this mod.

Well; I turned whiterun into an old ruin using the farmhousedestroyed models and removed all the NPCs surrounding it; figuring it would be a good idea to save before CK crashes, I go to save the file annnnnnnnndddd-

http://i.imgur.com/fTdV6gq.png

GG CreationKit.

Edited by Tentain

"I would like to see a mod that removes towns and most of the NPCs in general leaving Skyrim a completely uncharted land."

I was actually talking about this in chat the other day; and have started making it. Got bored and figured: "Well, game breaking saves aren't very popular.." and scrapped it. lol

Anyways; " I will still maintain that this mod is surely easier to do than creating new textures, new lands or new quests etc" Getting it to work in it's very simplest of forms, yes. Getting it to make sense with the roads and other mods- not really.

I'll put two hours in, and see how much progress I can make on this mod.

Well; I turned whiterun into an old ruin using the farmhousedestroyed models and removed all the NPCs surrounding it; figuring it would be a good idea to save before CK crashes, I go to save the file annnnnnnnndddd-

http://i.imgur.com/fTdV6gq.png

GG CreationKit.

Bloody Creation Kit! But its cool to see a modder attempt this mod :smile: and its also cool to see so much interest in this mod from everyone in general. Hopefully we will see the first No Civilisation mod soon on the Skyrim Nexus! :P

Edited by modskyrimtopieces