A "No Civilisation" Mod

modskyrimtopieces

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tested out the mod you linked, megageek. Its pretty bad and not really anything like my idea. I noticed that the author had left loads of Npcs like guards behind, places like Falkreath were badly deleted and lod was completely messed up on many buildings in the world. I'm sure a modder here could create something much better. :smile:

Edited by modskyrimtopieces

Too bad...was hoping that would be good. Perhaps I will create one next week. I have nothing better to do (except make my overly-ambitious Morrowing skill overhaul, which will probably never get off the ground. But I digress).

That would be great! Keep me posted if you decide to create this mod :D

Well, unfortunately, this is going to be harder than I thought. I want to use the mod I linked,"Empty Skyrim", as a base, but the author hasn't been on since last year and didn't leave any notes on permission.

Part of the problem is that there are only four destroyed buildings, and they are all very similar. They are all of the farmhouse 'set', which means that there are no destroyed building meshes to use in the major cities. There is also only one rubble mesh that I have found. I've looked around the internet for resources that have more destroyed buildings, but haven't been able to find anything. I may end up just saying "screw it", and replacing the cities with dwemer, nordic, and other ruins, if I don't come across any other solutions soon.

EDIT:I found another mod with free permissions to use as a base.

EDIT:Nevermind...that one has a lot of issues, too. I'm going to start from scratch.

Edited by megageeklizzy

I've got a first version almost done. Major holds' (except Winterhold and Helgen)capitals are gone, and replaced by smooth, semi-natural looking terrain. Roads are removed. (I think) NPCs from cities are removed.

That's amazing! This mod is going to be awesome thankyou for taking the time to make it! :D

Just want to give you an update to let you know I didn't forget about you. I'm having issues with getting the mod to archive (which is how it gets all of the files it needs together in one place). I'm likely going to have to wait a few days until I can get access to better internet, as I think this is going to be a pretty good-sized mod.