More body mesh problems

Lehcar

If you must know, the ONLY reason I decided to use Robert's Female instead of HGEC is because Robert's has nicer hand a foot meshes. But on top of that, it's also because I scoured the Net and could not for the life of me find any really good skinsets for all vanilla races for HGEC bodies to match the male bodies. Seriously!

Anyways, I'm 100% sure I installed everything correctly, all the vanilla mesh replacers, everything. Yet I'm still seeing mesh breakage and weirdness. Please help, honest to goodness I have no idea what is wrong now.

I don't know why I can't just find a good female body replacer with good skins for vanilla races and working mesh replacers. Does it even exist? Or is it probably just a myth?

This is so frustrating. I hate myself...

Actually, I just figured out it's because there's only a very few vanilla mesh armor/clothing replacers that come with Robert's Female. It's very incomplete so I think I see now that's why it's clashing with the vanilla meshes...

Sigh. Back to browsing and praying for something good and fairly well supported to come up.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6480/screenshot130m.png

Edited by Lehcar

I fail.

The problem is (likely) that the femalehand.nif and/or hand.nif mesh file(s) in your "...Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/_male" folder do not match either the body meshes or clothing you are trying to use.

If you look in the described folder and don't see replacement hand meshes, then you are using the vanilla Oblivion hand meshes. If you do see those files, then either you are using hand meshes that don't match the (pictured) prisoner's shirt mesh you are using, or you are using hand meshes from a mod other that the body replacer you are using. Confused yet? :laugh:

If you look through the install folders of the body mod you are trying to use and find those hand meshes and paste them into the "...Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/_male" folder, this should fix your problem, except for certain clothing that is not compatible.

I'd advise using HGEC as female body replacer and Robert's Male normal or muscular (not bulky) for male body replacer, as these are the most widely supported meshes for modded clothing and there are stock clothing and armor replacers for each of these..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hem

Well the HGEC is nice and all, but I couldn't really find any good body textures for it to match the Robert's Male body and face textures and that really sucks :(

Plus the EBE one is the only one I could use because the "normal" one makes all my characters look anorexic... but the EBE also makes everyone's breasts way too large which is really lore breaking for me. :(

Also I'm positive I have it installed properly, it looks fine when naked but then as soon as I put the shirt on the wrist is broken :(

Edited by Lehcar

Also I'm positive I have it installed properly, it looks fine when naked but then as soon as I put the shirt on the wrist is broken :(

Ah, we come to it. You do not have the correct clothing/armour models for your body type. I suggest you download the Robert Female Mod List, and browse through it for replacers.

I already did go through that list, I'm positive I cleaned out all the vanilla meshes for other mods and am only using the ones that came packaged with Robert's Female, but that particular shirt still seems to be using the vanilla mesh.. there are only a small few replacers that came with Robert's female, for some reason it's not complete, I don't know :(

Well, all I can say is that I have Robert's Male and Female, and I do not get that problem with any clothing, even the OOO stuff. :shrug: