annoying ads!

Timberwolftrass2005

I've seen all the ads and I feel they really are not that bad. I understand peoples frustration but all this whining is really rude and ungrateful. How shameful to enter someones domain, be offered a free service and then proceed to complain, often obscenely, when a small sacrifice is asked in return.

The point on volume control makes sense... but ad creators are most likely unwilling to do something like that, for obvious reasons, and Dark0ne editing the ads or adding the ability to mute/lower volume would probably violate the terms of their agreement.

My primary concern is that the ads are scrupulously chosen and rogue scripts are watched for carefully to prevent attacks which can be prevalent with web ads. This has been kept under fairly good control as of late, so for that I commend the site creator and its staff.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ads really piss you off so much its super easy to get a adblocker...

Here is my two cents if anyone cares.

The banner, pop ups or pop under ads aren't really a problem to me, they help support the website and because of that I turn adblock off on all nexus websites. But the 30 second, volume set and locked at 11 video ads are just too much for me. In my opinion they are probably the worst thing you could of added to the website in terms of ads.

My suggestion would be to make a 20-30 second timer that hides the download link and have a non video no sound ad on all the download pages instead.