NPC clothing change - how?

MarkInMKUK

I am trying some (as I thought) very basic scripting - editing a npc to change clothing when they are due to sleep, and again when they dress.

Stage (1) - change into / out of sleepwear

Stage (2) - select a random daywear outfit from those suitable or a list of possibles.

Any hints? I can't even work out how to do stage 1

Depends which version of see you sleep you are referring to. The latest version 1.5.1 has an inventory item that lets you choose what your character sleeps in when they go to bed. I though looking at the scripts in the mod may be of some use.

Look at the see you sleep mod here

I have no idea how that would help, since that mod in no way involves changing clothing. .

Nonesense. That mod gives you a sleepware configuration. Not only that, there are dozens of patches for custom abodes, and the author of the patches also takes requests.

Hmmm ... I stand corrected. I used the mod for awhile over a year ago, but never used that particular feature and forgot all about it. I quit using it because it locks you into the "wake up and get out of bed" animation upon awakening and I almost got killed in Benirus Manor the first time I slept in that house because I could do nothing at all but stand there while the ghosts attacked me until the animation ran its course.

At any rate, I suspect that the script in "The Romancing of Ejya" will be more applicable to MarkInMKUK's situation, since it specifically deals with NPCs and not with the PC. I haven't studied the script but I imagine it could be adapted to any NPC with only minor changes. Basically, Ejya has various outfits stored in her dresser and she changes into them at the appropriate times. I'm not sure how the script in "See You Sleep" works, but the bedtime outfit has to be in the PC's inventory. With a little bit of creative scripting, similar to that in the "Storage Bags" mod it would be possible to easily manage multiple outfits in an NPC using the same concept (i.e. clothing in inventory, rather than in dresser drawers).

Take a look at the script I did for Lifts her Tail in the Lusty Argonian maid mod. She changes into underwear when she sleeps, but only puts her maid outfit on when she wakes up and leaves the basement ( she only has the one maid outfit ), but will wear different clothes outside the house, depending on the day of the week.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33261