Suggestions For New Character

QuantumNano

I have reinstalled oblivion after a gamebreaker and i didnt back my save up and i would like some character ideas any ideas will do aslong as i dont get swamped with khajiit characters.Yeah so any suggestions just no bloody cat people

Well, it all comes down to this: What kind of character do you normally play? Combat? Magic? Stealth? Something in between? I can't really recommend anything you'd like since I don't know what you like. Maybe you should try a purely stealthy character that uses ranged weapons? Or maybe a battle axe-wielding mage (great fun, actually). Again, I don't really know what you'd like.

Another idea: If you have Morrowind, start a new character and generate your class by speaking to Socucius Ergalla by answering his questions, which will assign you a class based on your answers. If you don't have Morrowind, you can use the same method with the Class Quiz.

...Yeah so any suggestions just no bloody cat people.

You sound like an Argonian LoL.

"Im an undercover Khajiit in disguise, wanna see me lick my butt?"

I think amusei says that ^ cant remember

Hmm, how about something with a secret side. Like a heavily armored warrior or knight who is secretly a kleptomaniac, and isn't very good at it. Compulsions can be fun to play if you're stuck for ideas. You could also think of a phobic character, whose phobia would sometimes interfere with the way their class is normally played. It's a bit trickier, you would want the phobia not to completely disable them. Spider phobia? Fear of one element but not the others? Or perhaps your character hates one of the other races, and starts fights. Maybe you would enjoy playing someone who despises felines in general and sometimes loses control around Khajits after too many drinks. I realize some of these suggestions would probably get the character arrested a lot unless you are careful, but there are some mods that could make that more interesting, too. I've been thinking of playing a sleepwalker at some point.. Just point her in a random direction in the middle of the night and walk until something either attacks her or she falls in a lake or something and wakes up.

If you're not into rp, you could just get some dice, make some tables of the classes, races, and signs and roll up something completely random. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have fun.

When I find myself stuck for ideas on a character, I resort to extremes, meaning I put the game's difficulty up to 100% and create a character out of 'character'. What I mean by that is, for example, an Orc mage born under the sign of the Atronach, or a High Elf barbarian born under the sign of the Mage. Sound fun? Heh! It will either have you screaming that you're never going to play anything so stupid again, or it will give you ideas... tweak this, change that... hm! Just might be fun next time.

One thing is for certain: there is NO fun (unless you're into console type button bashing) in playing Oblivion on 'Easy'.

Well, it all comes down to this: What kind of character do you normally play? Combat? Magic? Stealth? Something in between? I can't really recommend anything you'd like since I don't know what you like. Maybe you should try a purely stealthy character that uses ranged weapons? Or maybe a battle axe-wielding mage (great fun, actually). Again, I don't really know what you'd like.

Another idea: If you have Morrowind, start a new character and generate your class by speaking to Socucius Ergalla by answering his questions, which will assign you a class based on your answers. If you don't have Morrowind, you can use the same method with the Class Quiz.

I like your idea the most so far and yes i do have morrowind and i dont really mind if its combat/magic/stealth or what race no khajiits though.

...Yeah so any suggestions just no bloody cat people.

You sound like an Argonian LoL.

"Im an undercover Khajiit in disguise, wanna see me lick my butt?"

I think amusei says that ^ cant remember

hahaha yeah i suppose you could say i sound like one but i dont like cats in general so therefore khajiits can lick there own arse...oh wait

Well, do what I did . . . Take your favorite race, (mine is Dunmer) and use some aspect of their homeland in your current game. Adrynn, as you know, is a Redoran Champion from Vvardenfell who came to Cyrodiil on the behest of his mentor, the Nerevarine . . . He has a deep hatred for evil, yet leads the Dark Brotherhood and has his own Daedric Island in Dagon's Deadlands . . . See the Irony? Do something similar. ;)