Back Again With The Animation A-Bomb Glitch!

NexusKnight

Some of you might recognize me by now, well I'm, back again with the dreaded Animation A-bomb glitch for the second time. After it appeared the first time and corrupted my Azani Blackheart quest, by continuously crashing at the Atatar ruin load area, I had to restart a new game and rebuild my character from scratch. I'm now at day 185, beyond Blackheart, and I'm again experiencing the usual slowing of spell effects that also causes some doors to not open smoothly, including noticeable stuttering of video and my first corrupted save.

This time tho, I'm equipped with Wrye Bash (WB v.291), BOSS and OBMM, and have been diligently using them as directed every time I add a new mod or change something. So I thought this animation problem wasn't supposed to occur again with WB operating. Perhaps someone with the patience and expertise can explain to me how this animation a-bomb thing is occuring again and how I'm supposed to deal with it once and for all, please.

I have always found this Oblivion support site to have the best help and advice- it's the only one I use- and it hasn't gone unappreciated. I must say that I feel bad having to ask for help again, but that seems to be the nature of this game. So, I thank anyone in advance for your dedication and concern for fellow Oblivion players like myself struggling to make things work the way it's supposed to. Your help and advice is invaluable and always appreciated.

PS. If I can be any clearer on this issue please let me know.

No, you are wrong about the assumption that using Wrye Bash (or any other piece of software) will prevent this bug. It is here to stay in Oblivion. What Wrye Bash can do is to reset the ABomb counter. Right click on the save game file and choose 'Fix A-Bomb'.

Here is the official Bethesda forum thread on the subject.

I also use the Animation Fixer linked above. My only caveat is that if you play that character long enough after using the Animation Fixer you will once again start to see the weird flames/spells/doors thing. I run the Fixer again and I'm good to go for another thousand miles. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the good advice. I actually used Wrye Bash (WB) for this one, just had to know how to do it, and voila, it workd the way it's supposed to. The Animation Fixer sounds like another viable option I could look into as well. I still can't get over how much great creative and expertise there is on this site, just spent the entire month investigating one mod after another getting lost in all the selection and trying to get it all to work. I've been playing Ob for 6 months and I'm still setting it up. This site is the best... thanks for all the help.