WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Akkikiri

OK, so in th CS (which I always runs as administrator now), I was trying to combine a couple mods I had downloaded. A couple weapons mods, to be more specific. I just wanted the weapons in greater quantity (for a companion thing) and wanted them all in one place so i didn't have to go all over looking for them. The modding went fine, i multiplied them, put them in a box in the testing hall, I saved it just fine, blah blah blah. Then when I start up Oblivion and go to activate the mods (you know, when you put the little check in the box?), I get this message "This is not a valid Oblivion plugin or master file". BULL! :wallbash: :wallbash: Why can't I activate the freaking mod?! :wallbash: I worked it through the CS just fine, but now can't activate it?! :wallbash: IT MAKES NO SENSE! :wallbash:

As always, any and all help ios welcome and much appreciated!

OK, so in th CS (which I always runs as administrator now), I was trying to combine a couple mods I had downloaded. A couple weapons mods, to be more specific. I just wanted the weapons in greater quantity (for a companion thing) and wanted them all in one place so i didn't have to go all over looking for them. The modding went fine, i multiplied them, put them in a box in the testing hall, I saved it just fine, blah blah blah. Then when I start up Oblivion and go to activate the mods (you know, when you put the little check in the box?), I get this message "This is not a valid Oblivion plugin or master file". BULL! :wallbash: :wallbash: Why can't I activate the freaking mod?! :wallbash: I worked it through the CS just fine, but now can't activate it?! :wallbash: IT MAKES NO SENSE! :wallbash:

As always, any and all help ios welcome and much appreciated!

to merge plugins, it's better to use TES4gecko

with it you can also correct the master list.

to merge plugins, it's better to use TES4gecko

with it you can also correct the master list.

I just don't understand TES4gecko :sad: I've downloaded it because i heard so many good things about it, but now I find that i just don't get it. I don't even know how to properly install it, much less how to actually use it once it's installed. :sad: I'd love to use it once i know how, though

I just don't understand TES4gecko :sad: I've downloaded it because i heard so many good things about it, but now I find that i just don't get it. I don't even know how to properly install it, much less how to actually use it once it's installed. :sad: I'd love to use it once i know how, though

- Make sure that you installed JRE to use TES4Gecko.

Then when I start up Oblivion and go to activate the mods (you know, when you put the little check in the box?), I get this message "This is not a valid Oblivion plugin or master file".

It;s likely that you either made the mod without the required masters, or the plugin is corrupt.

Then when I start up Oblivion and go to activate the mods (you know, when you put the little check in the box?), I get this message "This is not a valid Oblivion plugin or master file".

It;s likely that you either made the mod without the required masters, or the plugin is corrupt.

What do you mean "without the required masters"? All I know is that I loaded certain mods (none of them set as "active") and saved them all in a new plugin. When I tried to activate it, no luck. And how can I fix the corruption, if that's the problem?

My guess is that one or both of those mods have dependencies which you haven't supplied, oblivion.esm very likely being one of them. :)

Make sure that you read the documentation on both those mods to see whether or not there are other mods that need to be active in order for them to work. You'll have to check those mods, too, if there are any.

What do you mean "without the required masters"? All I know is that I loaded certain mods (none of them set as "active") and saved them all in a new plugin. When I tried to activate it, no luck. And how can I fix the corruption, if that's the problem?

You cannot just check a load of mods in the CS, make a mod and expect it to work. The mod you create requires those other plugins as masters, which they were not.