Is it possible to remove spells from NPCs?

barbanium

Hello!

I want Berlyna Maryon to be one of my followers but her constant casting of Oak/Stone/Iron -flesh spells during combat really annoys me. I just want her to summon an atronach and use a -flesh spell once, then use destruction magic for the rest of the battle.

So I thought, I should remove those -flesh spells and just add situational spells through AFT (cast -flesh spell at the beginning of combat and maybe heal me at 50% health).

The problem is, I can't find a way to remove spells from NPCs. I tried the console command "removespell <spell ID>" but it doesn't do anything. According to AFT, Berlyna seems to have unique spells (e.g. IronfleshLeftHand) and I can't find the IDs of those spells.

Anyone know how to remove spells from NPCs? Console commands or mods perhaps? Or maybe just a way to keep her constantly casting -flesh spells?

Thanks in advance! :D

Probably faster and easier to do with the CK or Tes5Edit. That's how I usually do it anyway. (yeah, I also hate how many NPC's needlessly cast Oak/Stone/Iron -flesh spells in the middle of combat)

In my case, she repeatedly casts them even if she just cast one 2 secs. before.

And I think I found the problem - it's the mod called "Balanced Magic". The mod makes all -flesh spells have the same rank (Novice) so if a NPC has more than one -flesh spells, her AI gets confused because she doesn't know which spell is the best.

I'm planning to rewrite that mod, I'm just waiting for author's permission for me to release it - if ever she comes back to nexus that is.

Your only sure way is to either: use a follower overhaul, which you did (though it isn't always foolproof) or use the CK. For whatever reason, the game won't always let you remove a spell from an NPC, even when you know the spellid.

the problem with using the console is that i believe there are multiple IDs for certain things, including spells, which can be a bit of a pain. i discovered this with Serana, i wanted her to use the spells from the Soul Cairn and had to use the console to give them to her. when i typed in "help Wraithman" i noticed that there are several spells called "conjure Wraithman" all with different IDs so i had to apply each one to her to see if that would work. eventually it did, and she even kept those spells even after i had quit the game. it is a pain in the rear end but it does work eventually, its just a matter of finding the right ID. i think the same would apply with removing them, it doesnt necessarily have to be which hand the spell is applied to.

Edited by thunderwolf86

• 2 years later...