[IDEA/PLANNING] Skyrim Architecture Improvement

Iceberry

I'm pretty new to this community, so not many of you might know me. I'm a 3D modeller and I'd like to start a project, but I want to know your opinion if it will be worth the effort. Skyrim is almost 4 years old now and its 3d models are pretty bad and lowpoly compared to today's games. As you can guess from the title, I plan on improving Skyrim's architecture by remodelling the 3d models from scratch and maybe also improving the textures. It will be pretty much work, but I think it will be worth it.

What do you think about this? Is it too much work? Please post your ideas/suggestions.

If you'd like to do something, I'm looking for somebody who can model a two floor whiterun building from the existing meshes. I'm overhauling all the city.

Your project, if you do it alone, is pretty daunting.

You could check out beyond Skyrim (on Dark Creations) if you're interested in making new stuff.

Otherwise, I think it would still be worth it if it's something you want to do. It'll undoubtably be hard but also fun and satisfying. :shrug:

Yeah I'd like to do that. Do you have a concept or layout for the house in mind?

Basically I'd like to make all those Whiterun houses (one floored houses) into double-floored, for more space and stuff. You can check my mod's progression in a thread here.

I'd suggest just adding more variety instead of making higher poly vanilla versions. Maybe making more farmhouses and such since the standard farmhouses are just overused..i mean how likely is it in real life that every village you visit has the exact same architecture.

Edited by Tlaffoon

You could check out beyond Skyrim (on Dark Creations) if you're interested in making new stuff.

Otherwise, I think it would still be worth it if it's something you want to do. It'll undoubtably be hard but also fun and satisfying. :shrug:

I know Beyond Skyrim, it's my favourite mod project :smile: I will think about joining.

Yeah I'd like to do that. Do you have a concept or layout for the house in mind?

Basically I'd like to make all those Whiterun houses (one floored houses) into double-floored, for more space and stuff. You can check my mod's progression in a thread here.

Alright, I'll PM you when I got something.

I'd suggest just adding more variety instead of making higher poly vanilla versions. Maybe making more farmhouses and such since the standard farmhouses are just overused..i mean how likely is it in real life that every village you visit has the exact same architecture.

I've already thought about that. It would be cool to have an unique style for each village.

Maybe when each one of us finishes his relative projects, why not unite as a team and create a whole overhaul for Skyrim, almost to Beyond Skyrim's way of doing things. More farm types, expanded cities, ghost villages (as in abandoned because of the war, restorable by quests) etc.

I do think it's a cool idea but be wary of huge projects. I know that's weird coming from someone with a large project on the side and then Beyond Skyrim, but making one on your own/small team where you're an integral piece of it sucks you in. And if you can't finish it it doesn't feel good. ;) So keep it in mind before starting anything huge.