Who's up for a physcology test?

Keanumoreira

(Edit: Out of date questions, until topic is closed, there really is no point in going on any further...)

Before you guys answer these simple questions, please don't look at the answers as it will spoil the final output. I myself only got a few right even though they aren't particulary hard, so if you're game, read the questions carefully. Here they are:

1. I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening, and set the alarm to get up at nine in the morning. How many hours sleep would this allow me?

2. Do they have a Fourth of July in england?

3. Some months have 30 days, some have 31. How many months have 28 days?

4. If you had only one match and entered a dark room where there was an oil lamp, oil heater and some kindling wood, which would you light first?

5. If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last?

6. A man builds a house with four sides to it, a rectangular structure each having a southern exposure. a big bear comes wandering by. what colour is the bear?

7. A farmer had 17 sheep. all but nine die. how many did he have left?

8. Divide 30 by half. add 10. what is the answer?

9. take two apples from three apples. what do you have?

10. if you drove a bus with 42 people on it from chicago and stopped at cleveland to pick up 7 more and drop off 5 passengers, and at pittsburg you drop off 8 and pick up 4 and arrive at philadelphia 20 hours later, what is the bus drivers name?

ANSWERS:

1. I'd only get one hour of sleep. The alarm would go off an hour later.

2. Yup, and a third and a fifth.

3. They all have 28 days.

4. The match.

5. One hour.

6. White (You're on the North Pole)

7. Nine.

8. 70 (You're dividing BY 1/2, not IN 1/2)

9. Two

10. I'm driving.

Edited by Keanumoreira

this test is over 30 years old and is no longer valid

1 - I have a clock that runs on 24 hour time instead of 12 hour time so the alarm would go off 13 hours later.

2 - obviously the month still has the same number of days

3 - depends upon the calendar system - it goes as high as 13

4 - the electric switch

5 - depends upon the way the body digests each of the pills - could be as long as 24 hours

9 - you still have 3 apples - nothing happened to any of them

this test is over 30 years old and is no longer valid

1 - I have a clock that runs on 24 hour time instead of 12 hour time so the alarm would go off 13 hours later.

2 - obviously the month still has the same number of days

3 - depends upon the calendar system - it goes as high as 13

4 - the electric switch

5 - depends upon the way the body digests each of the pills - could be as long as 24 hours

9 - you still have 3 apples - nothing happened to any of them

Who said you had the 3 apples in the first place? No one. so you didn't have them.

So you only have 2.

And I don't think it matters if you use a 12 hour clock or 24 hour. You'd still get the same amount of sleep. If you set the clock to go off at 9 in the morning, it goes off at 9 in the morning.

And that last question, about the bus driver, doesn't really work in text. You can always read the question again. But if someone asked you that face to face, it would (maybe) be harder.

Edited by Nysba

I sat there for a while trying to figure out how 9 in the morning is one hour from 8 in the evening.. Maybe it's from the age of clocks that don't run AM/PM.

No, the questions are out of date. It seems I didn't quite think it through and realize that they were. :wallbash: How ironic that my own thread would turn on me huh? I'm requesting a mod to close this.

Edited by Keanumoreira