Skyrim Screenshots

fr0z1ndude

Evil I was trying to read your post but all I could see was WHHAAAAAAAA! :yucky:

If Bethesda sucks so much why are you registered and posting on a fan forum created for their games? Nothing you say is going to get Bethesda to notice "oh snap some kid on a forum doesn't like it, stop the presses!!". If you really hate it that much, move along, these aren't the droids (game) your looking for.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that, its the constant porting of console graphics straight to PC without even tickling them up a bit and allowing ingame support for AA & AF thats narking me

Fallout 3 PC supported both x16 AA and x15 AF. Not sure what your point here is.

I know that, its the constant porting of console graphics straight to PC without even tickling them up a bit and allowing ingame support for AA & AF thats narking me

Fallout 3 PC supported both x16 AA and x15 AF. Not sure what your point here is.

Dragon Knight Saga - no ingame AA support (ingame screenspace AA option did trout all).

Darksiders - no ingame AA or AF support

Gothic 4 Arcadia - no ingame AA support

Venetica - no ingame AA or AF support (ingame screenspace AA option did trout all).

Sniper Ghost Warrior - no ingame AA support

Risen - no ingame AA support

To name just a few off the top of my head, its a trend that will continue because game studio's save time and money by spending less time altering games for PC use.

I'd happily pay more for a dedicated PC version of a game than a direct console port.

I don't think it takes a genius to get my point.

Oblivion had AA support. No AF, but you did have some control. Granted, AA was disabled if you had HDR enabled. Without mods at least.

I'm sure Skyrim will have some level of control over the visuals.

You do raise some valid arguments however.

Edited by Prophecies

Dragon Knight Saga - no ingame AA support (ingame screenspace AA option did trout all).

Darksiders - no ingame AA or AF support

Gothic 4 Arcadia - no ingame AA support

Venetica - no ingame AA or AF support (ingame screenspace AA option did trout all).

Sniper Ghost Warrior - no ingame AA support

Risen - no ingame AA support

To name just a few off the top of my head, its a trend that will continue because game studio's save time and money by spending less time altering games for PC use.

I'd happily pay more for a dedicated PC version of a game than a direct console port.

I don't think it takes a genius to get my point.

I see, your referring to the gaming industry in general. I'm only looking at Bethesda because we are talking about Bethesda. I'm not going to look at what other developers did in the past and think "oh, Beth might do this cause they did". It's silly, look at what Bethesda did in the past and go off of that. Bethesda's last game included that support so it stands to reason their next game will too.

the oblivion quest was supposedly like 15hrs long too, but it takes like four hours to complete.

I think we played a different game, even if all locations were revealed and you used fast travel to go everywhere there is no way you could do it in four hours. You just sound like you want to complain and something, anything, I played mount and blade and if you think that is a better game overall than Oblivion than I am happy for you. Go find a Mount and Blade forum to post on.

the oblivion quest was supposedly like 15hrs long too, but it takes like four hours to complete.

I think we played a different game, even if all locations were revealed and you used fast travel to go everywhere there is no way you could do it in four hours. You just sound like you want to complain and something, anything, I played mount and blade and if you think that is a better game overall than Oblivion than I am happy for you. Go find a Mount and Blade forum to post on.

And another thing, why would you (Not you, csgators..^^) try to complete the main quest as quickly as possible?

I'd understand that you didn't like a game like Oblivion if you just skimmed right through it. Oblivion, like all TES Games, are deep games based around an interesting and deep lore, and have to be delved into to fully experience the game!

I think this is the reason why so many thinks Oblivion is a less deep game than Morrowind, because in Morrowind, the lore was right in front of you, and it was easier to delve into it, whereas in Oblivion, you first had to delve into the game to experience the lore and stories. Not so well explained, but I think most should get what I'm trying to say. :)

But again I feel we are drifting from the Topic here:

Skyrim Screenshots! :)

They look astonishing, and makes me want to play the game NOW! :D

By looking at the screenshot of the hunter in the forest, I can see that we are getting a much wider variety in trees! We're even getting trees that are half cut off! :D

[snip]

And another thing, why would you (Not you, csgators..^^) try to complete the main quest as quickly as possible?

I'd understand that you didn't like a game like Oblivion if you just skimmed right through it. Oblivion, like all TES Games, are deep games based around an interesting and deep lore, and have to be delved into to fully experience the game!

I think this is the reason why so many thinks Oblivion is a less deep game than Morrowind, because in Morrowind, the lore was right in front of you, and it was easier to delve into it, whereas in Oblivion, you first had to delve into the game to experience the lore and stories. Not so well explained, but I think most should get what I'm trying to say. :)

Yep, it's all about the depth of the world. People coming from a linear gaming background often fail to see any deeper than they are used to.

By looking at the screenshot of the hunter in the forest, I can see that we are getting a much wider variety in trees! We're even getting trees that are half cut off! :D

[/color][/size]

Also look at the ground cover, there are dead tree branches too.

ah, yeah - there's dead tree branches as well! :)

And the flora also looks very detailed and more diverse.

And from the screenshot of the Troll, the rocks looks much better, with more diverse sides and more natural looks. :)

And the troll even has blood veins!

I'm also hoping that Undead will be able to wear armor, and not only have armor on their meshes, and it also looks like it from the screenshots, as in the screenshot of the undead, the two skeletons with helmet seem very similar, but have pauldrons on different sides.

This makes modding much better (And will make my continuation of Creature Diversity over to Skyrim much better! :) )