Skyrim Screenshots

fr0z1ndude

3. Then you make a better game. And stop whining of what you want, its THEIR game, THEY are making it, not you. The only thing you do is to decide if you will buy it or not.

Now just think for a minute, yes they are the ones making it, but WE are the ones that will be paying for it and they WILL make a mint out of it.

And I damn well want my moneys worth.

Its high time that games had fantastic graphics AND indepth and involving stories/quests AND longevity and replayability.

I think you're just being picky. You seem to forget that high quality assets and textures take a while to make in a production pipeline. When you have deadlines, you need to make stuff fast. Regardless, todays consoles are getting pretty old. Their hardware has not changed since they came out. Skyrim is actually a huge step forward in terms of design and model quality. Proportions and anatomy are much, MUCH better now than they were in Oblivion. The atmospheric effects are also better. I'd rather they stick with DX 10, honestly. DX11 is still very new, very buggy, and demands a TON of resources that consoles do not even have access to. Tessellation is coming, but not quite here yet. Not for an open world RPG anyway.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its high time that games had fantastic graphics Graphics look great with the dynamic shadows and we haven't even seen the lighting or animations yet AND indepth and involving stories/quests Again, you don't even know what they are yet AND longevity and replayability Replayability? Seriously your bitching about a game that lets you change EVERYTHING in the game at a whim? You could make everyone into flying cucumbers if you want, how can you hesitate on the prospect of replayability?

For realz. And the game is going to cost $50. I can swing a hammer for 5 hours and afford this game. I would pay that much just for the construction set with no content in it.

Exactly. Besides, just because a game isn't the prettiest out there, that doesn't make it a bad product. How did you even think of that? Visually, the models and textures look great. I agree, I'm not fond of the poor alpha usage in the fur and hair, but it's just the way the engine compresses them. No big deal. Even today, I find vanilla Oblivion still much more impressive than a lot of games out there. Skyrim blows oblivion out of the water.

The shadows in Skyrim look fantastic, and the environmental effects really impress me. This is coming from someone who models and textures models for a living.

i understand that these are console screenshots, but when i played fallout 3, oblivion, and new vegas (pc vs console) they looked about the same for all three unless you mod the hell out of them.

graphics are not everything, hell, i still play mount and blade because the swordplay is awesome.

i am just pissed that we keep getting handed old s*** that is completely out of date by the time it gets to us.

i will NOT buy this game if it is direct x 9. nobody else should either. why would you take an old rod up the pooper when you can get twice as much for half the cost elsewhere?

i will recieve this game either way, either from family or whatever, but i will not purchase this game if the engine runs direct x 9. Dx11 does not have that many horrible bugs ;) have you ever played metro 2033? i did not experience a single bug when i was playing that game. then again, the people that made that game werent lazy americans that dont enjoy their work, i am sure. (i am american, before you get offended)

and i actually am starting my own game with the UDK ;)

Well, you could play mount and blade, but it is not open world like oblivion. the swordplay is much more intense, and gripping than any of the games i have ever played, yet the graphics suck hardcore and it costs $30. i keep trying other rpgs but the combat just sucks so bad after playing mount and blade that i dont really get into them like i used to.

maybe bethesda's new combat system will be good though, and maybe i will put down mount and blade forever. maybe i am just getting riled up over nothing. maybe the game will be great, and maybe the graphics will be up to date. we wont know until the game comes out. from past experience though, i am expecting 1/3 of what their hype is suggesting, and what is done to be done badly that way i am not dissapointed if it is that way, and pleasantly surprised if it is well executed.

Anyone who thinks that Skyrim's visuals are bad and outdated, really, really needs to get a lobotomy.

It definitely won't be on DX9, from what I can see. Regardless, does it even matter? If DX9 can get a game looking that good, then great!

People need to stop being so anal about it. Look at the screenshots, compare them with Oblivion. But most of all, enjoy the friggin' game! :D