⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

FO3edit shows no conflicts yet game still crashing

Spirelord

I have currently and most recently uploaded a link for some one else as a demo, a way to show mistakes made in the use of tools used.

Bare with me here. this Just shows an out come from incorrect data entries considered to be correct by the programs default settings.

But Not in fallout's series of games structure, the ending results are astounding.

http://www.2shared.com/video/hgTh8gDU/SpirelDoomEffect2.html

Among many other effects of data manipulations, this was considered Concise and normal by the devs.

This is default settings of the tools to date.

Now watch that and reply, you give me your "opinion" of this.

Wow that's a whole slew of horribleness. Alright, lesson learned. Don't manually edit any files if I don't know 100% what I'm doing, haha. :sweat:

One of the videos I from which I received the bright idea to clean these files is here:

It seems lots of people have viewed it...so many have been misled. :( Unless this just happens to work better with Skyrim which I doubt...

Thankfully, I have the pre-edited .esms and .esps archived and backed up (good old FO3edit's plugin backup system!), so I don't think I'll have to re-download anything after all. I will just replace my current corrupted ones with the originals. And I will slim down my mod list. A shame they all cannot fit at once, but I guess that is the nature of game data when little flaws build up into bigger ones.

Unless this just happens to work better with Skyrim which I doubt...

That right there is it in Totality, that is a different game, Different Engine ,Different resources all together and NO the same thing...The problem is, it's new, and it is the "in thing to do", and what happens when all the cows dry up?

no more milk.

so a zip file downloaded is the milk from the cow, kill all the cows, no more milk...kinda useless practices. Starvation sets in....

This is "FALLOUT3". it's not Skyrim.

Well I'm grateful for all the help and insight Purr4me and M48A5. My game isn't crashing immediately upon loading now thankfully. Although I am still having trouble finding a good load order that works (BOSS just scrambles stuff around, I'm not sure how helpful it is), it's a relief that the game's playable in some shape or form.

If something else comes up, I'll let you know, but I think the case is closed for now. Thanks!