Oblivion: GOTY?

Cremdogz

I've heard somewhere (not sure where) that the GOTY editions of Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout 3 all have something wrong with them in terms of gameplay and mods. Before I buy any of these (already own Oblivion and expansions though), are there any issues I should know about? Or have I been mistaken? Would like to know before I make my choice.

I've played a non-expanded Oblivion and have, more recently, purchased the GOTY version. I've noticed no difference at all between them, save for the fact that my original version is installed on a laptop that cries every time I play the game on it. I've noticed the same bugs and I've used the same mods with both -- no difference.

Except for the GOTY coming bundled with an (optional) install disc for Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, and the main install disk already being completely patched and up to date, it should be virtually identical to any other version of Oblivion which is similarly up to date. I can't speak for Morrowind or Fallout 3 since I don't have those.

I have the GOTY edition of both Morrowind and Oblivion. They are only as buggy as the same files obtained from any other source - add the unofficial patches and they are as good as you will get anyplace.