Where can I get the plugins other than Bethesda?

TieflingRogue

I want to get all the DLC plugins (The Horse Armor, Orrery, Vile Lair, Thief Lair, Fighters Stronghold, Wizard Tower, Razor, ect) but for some reason the Bethesda site won't accept my card and I know it works and I put in the right info. So where else could I get all those? I'm rather ticked that Game of the Year edition doesn't have it and for only 5 bucks more I could have gotten Game of the Year Deluxe Edition from steam which has EVERYTHING. :-( I just didn't know about it. Only downside to the Steam is its not a physical copy.

I want to get all the DLC plugins (The Horse Armor, Orrery, Vile Lair, Thief Lair, Fighters Stronghold, Wizard Tower, Razor, ect) but for some reason the Bethesda site won't accept my card and I know it works and I put in the right info. So where else could I get all those? I'm rather ticked that Game of the Year edition doesn't have it and for only 5 bucks more I could have gotten Game of the Year Deluxe Edition from steam which has EVERYTHING. :-( I just didn't know about it. Only downside to the Steam is its not a physical copy.

It would be illegal for anyone to supply these add-ons other than Bethesda, basic copyright infringement and content theft (ie. Piracy)

Try a different card, or contact customer support for alternate options and/or advice, the link for support is on the checkout page. Also, 2k have a really good customer support service available via telephone, again numbers are available on the site and your user manual for the game.

Edited by evertaile

It would be illegal for anyone to supply these add-ons other than Bethesda, basic copyright infringement and content theft (ie. Piracy)

Try a different card, or contact customer support for alternate options and/or advice, the link for support is on the checkout page. Also, 2k have a really good customer support service available via telephone, again numbers are available on the site and your user manual for the game.

I'm sure some other places offer the plugins with their permission?

Try Direct 2 Drive: Knights of the Nine Collection. (Unfortunately, it does not contain the other 5 DLC).

Now, I'm not sure if D2D content will work with Steam content or not, so I would hold off on buying that until you know for sure.

Check with your bank (if it's a debit card) or your credit card company (if it's a credit card), to make sure that you are not over-spending - I know that Steam will not accept my debit card if I recently bought several items (i.e. multiple little "$2.50" items).

Try contacting Bethesda, and asking them what is wrong. I am sure that they will not turn away a paying customer. :thumbsup:

Hope I helped. :yes:

Cheers,

IndorilTheGreat

Edit: If you get the GOTY: Deluxe Edition on Steam, you could either give someone Oblivion as a game (because you already own it), or you could pawn it off onto one of your friends.

I would mail you my disc of the DLC, but I rather like having those. :P

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

You can buy the Knights of the Nine disk which has all but Fighters Stronghold and Shivering Isles on it on Amazon. (You can also get Shivering Isles there too.) So far as I know, Fighters Stronghold is only available through Bethesda's online store.

I'm sure some other places offer the plugins with their permission?

There are other places that Bethesda sells those through, yes, console market places on Playstation Network and Xbox Live. Or as offline compilation disks.

As I said, they have the option to contact them on the checkout page in case of problems such as this one. I don't think you're the only person ever to have a card declined, so they probably have systems in place. If you're willing to pay, what's the problem in asking?

Also the KOTN compilation collection appears to be more or less complete if you wanted ALL DLC content in one purchase. However, if you're having troubles checking out with Bethesda, you may experience the same with D2D.

Also, be very careful...sometimes even failed payments will be deducted from your account and held as pending for as much as 28 days.

Edited by evertaile

The Knights of the Nine (mentioned above) plus the Game of the Year Edition gets you everything that's available (as far as I know). I picked up the GotY at Electronic Boutique (aka EB Games) and the KotN at Staples here in Canada. It is getting harder and harder to find a brick & mortar outlet for PC games, and those that do carry games are getting pretty thin on selection. Good luck.