Which gender do you usually play?

Kyosai7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it all depends on how the game plays. If I play the game through the eyes of a character, then male. But if its more of a third person view (where you're looking at your backside all the time) then its female. What can I say, if I'm going to spend hours playing a game third person I don't want to see some dude.

When I first got into the mods the new female bodies (CBBE and UNP) were just to good to pass up. My characters were very much female with a Lara Croft look about them. Now it seems I am interested in being a male Dark elf who thrives on taking over Riften and rebuilding Helgen. Now its only resonable that such grand tasks be accomplished with a few ladies on hand !

In mmorpgs women i like looking at them but there can be no other interaction the characters are eye candy...in skyrim I play guys, because I marry the women and go with my wife, followers and control there moddded look.

so in skyrim the followers are females and wife is female. so I play a guy as avatar.

In mmorgs none of this is a issue.

In skyrim, there can be interactions.

Crude I know but being a guy playing a woman marrying a woman dose nothing for me, being a hetrosexual guy I cant relate to the player character as avatar and already have plenty to look at.

Thats the only issue where gender matters anyway, the main point is the adventre power and glory of the game but on this issue of gender thats the why of it.

In practically every game i play, i used to go male, quite standard looking, average everything. But now i've got lots of mods, i tend to try out different genders and species in whatever game i'm playing. For skyrim, i've recently been playing as a female character, due the the sheer number of high quality mods for bodys and clothes and so on.

I've got two dudeguys and two ladychicks. They're all pretty darn immersive, they've all got backstories and ideologies upon which in-game choices are made. I'd say I love them all equally, but, let's be honest, when you've got one character that's a thief and three characters that are not thieves, you're going to have a favorite. I like to think I don't sexualise any of them a whole lot. If anything it's poor Argis the Bulwark that gets the brunt of the sexy mods, and even then he usually only suffers for a little while before I take pity and give him his clothes back. Also I made one of my characters wash exclusively with lavender soap which I guess counts as olfactory fap material?

As far as mods/immersion go, eh, if you want to play a JRPG psuedo-stripper then yeah, there's a lot of mods for female characters. If you want a realistic, lore-friendly aesthetic mod, then going male is much easier.

Edited by TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

I'll openly admit, i play Female 99.9% of the time, i have been harrassed and even accused of having deep mental issues because of this, but i look at this way, as a fan of horror and fantasy, we usually see the female as the victim or the weak one, well the same goes for gaming, what is wrong with a busty beautiful female weilding a sword or any wepaon for that matter, If I'm going to play a game for hours on end, then i want something to keep me interested, yes my characters are hot and busty, that's how i like to play, i have played both genders and playing female in a game is more appealing to me personally.

I have played countless MMO's and people like to troll others for which gender they play, honestly i think it's no ones buisness why we play male or female, games are fantasy, they are designed to put us in a different world, that also goes for playing male or female roles. Honestly it's the reason i quit playing MMO's i enjoy my games for intense storylines and amazing scripts. The Characters i create are what i would envision if it were a movie or something i was writing about, They are usually independent and strongwilled, Beauty is something different to each and every one of us, how we design our characters is what i love about gaming the freedom to do what ever you want.

I'll openly admit, i play Female 99.9% of the time, i have been harrassed and even accused of having deep mental issues because of this, but i look at this way, as a fan of horror and fantasy, we usually see the female as the victim or the weak one, well the same goes for gaming, what is wrong with a busty beautiful female weilding a sword or any wepaon for that matter, If I'm going to play a game for hours on end, then i want something to keep me interested, yes my characters are hot and busty, that's how i like to play, i have played both genders and playing female in a game is more appealing to me personally.

I have played countless MMO's and people like to troll others for which gender they play, honestly i think it's no ones buisness why we play male or female, games are fantasy, they are designed to put us in a different world, that also goes for playing male or female roles. Honestly it's the reason i quit playing MMO's i enjoy my games for intense storylines and amazing scripts. The Characters i create are what i would envision if it were a movie or something i was writing about, They are usually independent and strongwilled, Beauty is something different to each and every one of us, how we design our characters is what i love about gaming the freedom to do what ever you want.

+1 to this

Whenever I see someone else judgng another player for playing a certain gender in a game and they accuse them of 'mental issues' the reality is the accuser is the one with the 'mental issue'. They get so hot and bothered that a female in real life is playing as a guy in a game or a guy in real life likes to play as female character in a game. As you said it's all fantasy and Skyrim is a good example of a game that offers vast customization. If anything, allowing people to create a character of their opposite gender will only open the door for more tolerance, understanding, and appreciation. Its just pixels on a screen and the people playing whatever character they have know this but those who judge seem to try and find alternative sick motives for why someone would play a certain way when the reality is there is no motive, its just to play a damn game and have a fun appealing time to the user. When the game app is closed its back to normal boring life and no affect of playing as a female or male character outside of the game is attached to them at all.

I have played and owned enough games that have male characters as the main role so whenever a game offers character customization I always choose female. I don't give a crap how un-immersive it may be, I don't play games for lore, 100% immersion, or realism. I get enough of that in real life, I play games to do and be something different. Every time someone asks me why I play the characters I do (I have a youtube channel so people see the characters I make/play as in my games) I explain and they no longer badger me about it. Their perspective on the matter changes and the assumptions they had about me as a gamer changes for the better. Saying to others "you got mental issues beasue you play a gender opposite of yours in a game" is a long stretch and ignorance. You don't know the person so don't be so quick to judge based on silly gender choice in video games. If that were the case then I guess I can assume any player who plays violent FPS's with guns would use guns like that in real life becasue clearly they are choosing to use guns in video games and have issues.