Turning a Blind Eye quest error

remcob

When I go to the house of Helvius Cecia, helvius is outside saying:"He is inside, downstairs. Don't let him wait", then I go is, and there is no grey fox, he is nowhere to be found. Does anyone of you know how to fix this bug, I haven't got any unofficial mod installed and also tried disabling the shivering isles files and all knights of the nine files, nothing works, he just doesn't appear.

Anyone?

I checked the UESP Wiki artcle for Turning a Blind Eye and didn't see your problem listed in the Bugs section, however that exact problem is mentioned in the next quest, Arrow of Extrication

Sometimes the Gray Fox won't appear at Malintus Ancrus's house. Malintus Ancrus will tell you not to keep the Gray Fox waiting but he will never show up. What you need to do instead is go to Helvius Cecia's house in Bruma which is where he met with you for the Turning a Blind Eye quest. There is currently no patch or reason for this glitch. After you've gotten the arrow the Gray Fox will still be in Bruma.

I'm inclined to believe you may need to load a previous save and redo the quest. Make sure you haven't done any of the things that are mentioned in the Turning a Blind Eye bugs section (i.e. visiting the Temple of the Ancestor Moths before starting the quest).