Skyrim with 2 independantly usable weapons?

fore

"Havok" behavior? So far I strongly believed, that Mocap is the way to do animations. Seeing what havok/ragdoll does to unconcious characters I can't believe that havok can provide or support any natural movement. And even blending 2 animations doesn't seem logical: the WHOLE body supports each hands fighting move. Overlaying 2 (possibly mirrored anims) would simply look strange.

Note that I only said Havok Behavior (HB). I heard nothing about Bethesda using Havok Animation. With Havok Behavior, it seems you can create your animation however you want (using whatever technology...mocap...MotionBuilder, etc.), but it is the HB that handles the transition between one animation and the other...thus freeing up the animation artists to just focus on creating animations and not the multitude of possible combination of transitions between one anim and another. For example, we shouldn't see that horrible skip animation when Jumping in Oblivion. There are many examples where there is very little to no transition from one anim to another.

Take a look here: Havok Behavior Overview

Then look here at the various demonstration videos

If LHammonds wants to talk more about this, he should pm me, so we can sotp this public petty fight.:rolleyes:

No, I sure don't. I don't think further comments are needed since all opinions and clarifications have been stated.

LHammonds

• 1 month later...

@Bethesda

Don't crush future talent! Even pigs are one step closer to 'unnecessary violence'

Edited by Trandoshan