Power Armor Entry (As Seen in Fallout 4 Gameplay)

Skyviper086

Ever since I saw how the players will be able to "equip" power armor in Fallout 4 I've been wondering if something similar could be done for New Vegas.

The powered armor seems to be like a vehicle. You enter from the back and it closes around the player, from a first person view it looks as if it has a "dash board".

I was wondering could something like that be done for New Vegas? (Maybe have some head lights on that thing too)

Ever since I saw how the players will be able to "equip" power armor in Fallout 4 I've been wondering if something similar could be done for New Vegas.

Sure, and I'd like to do it, but I'm not the best choice for it (due to my less than stellar skill set....no animation skills). Essentially it involves adding a script to a standing go model of the armor. The script is pretty straightforward, it fires off a playgroup and the (associated) animation for the armor plays, *and* a player can be forced to have a animation to enter the suit while in (or shifted to) 1st person (it's a play idle via script and was used in dead money when you wake up at the fountain, and stumble toward it)....

While I can work out the model (maybe) and possibly the scripting, I'm dead in the water for the animations until I have time to learn the skill.

But yeah I love the way power armor is portrayed, so much better in this upcoming vision than FO3/FONV. It will be weird, as I assume there's no reasonable way to carry it, but that just adds to it's charm and reinforces the concept I think the developers are trying to portray.

Sure, and I'd like to do it, but I'm not the best choice for it (due to my less than stellar skill set....no animation skills). Essentially it involves adding a script to a standing go model of the armor. The script is pretty straightforward, it fires off a playgroup and the (associated) animation for the armor plays, *and* a player can be forced to have a animation to enter the suit while in (or shifted to) 1st person (it's a play idle via script and was used in dead money when you wake up at the fountain, and stumble toward it)....

While I can work out the model (maybe) and possibly the scripting, I'm dead in the water for the animations until I have time to learn the skill.

But yeah I love the way power armor is portrayed, so much better in this upcoming vision than FO3/FONV. It will be weird, as I assume there's no reasonable way to carry it, but that just adds to it's charm and reinforces the concept I think the developers are trying to portray.

wait.... you're still makin mods?! dude, yeah screw what i said. i forgot the modders will be coming back with FO4 coming out! neat.

anyways as a solution for carrying armor, it might be best if you have to take apart the armor and reassemble it somewhere so that you can get in. also by making the parts heavy and boosting the stats a bit maybe add a power requirement for balancing.

wait.... you're still makin mods?! dude, yeah screw what i said. i forgot the modders will be coming back with FO4 coming out! neat.

Never stopped brother. I may have forgotten a ton of requested mods, and may only get a fraction done of what I'd like due to time constraints, but I'm always plugging away at it. Made a branch club for Morgwynn's primative mod yesterday, a human/deathclaw hybrid demo a day or two before that, and a armor mashup for JacobCrowley today. The detritus of my posts are scattered throughout the forum.

anyways as a solution for carrying armor, it might be best if you have to take apart the armor and reassemble it somewhere so that you can get in. also by making the parts heavy and boosting the stats a bit maybe add a power requirement for balancing.

I don't know, that setup in the garage doesn't look like it's too portable or easy to assemble/disassemble in a desolate spot of the wastelands, pic;

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/paakuva_sisalto/kuvat_artikkeli/fallout4_powerarmor.jpg

Besides I kind of like the idea, advantages and disadvantages to help define power armor. Maybe later when the game comes out I'll change my mind though. Or heck maybe there is something craaaaaazy going on and it can be carried, or set on auto pilot to follow the player around.....who knows.

Would like to point out the cockpit HUD made for XRE Vertibirds as well!

Or anyone talented in XML to code a nice HUD, and some decent graphics arts skills for the elements displayed.

Besides I kind of like the idea, advantages and disadvantages to help define power armor. Maybe later when the game comes out I'll change my mind though. Or heck maybe there is something craaaaaazy going on and it can be carried, or set on auto pilot to follow the player around.....who knows.

I like to think a vertibird drops it off for you as much as they've shown the interaction with them, being able to summon one, use the mounted minigun, etc.

Never stopped brother. I may have forgotten a ton of requested mods, and may only get a fraction done of what I'd like due to time constraints, but I'm always plugging away at it. Made a branch club for Morgwynn's primative mod yesterday, a human/deathclaw hybrid demo a day or two before that, and a armor mashup for JacobCrowley today. The detritus of my posts are scattered throughout the forum.

this is true, but still it didnt seem like you were picking up requests anymore. (as you stated, sorta)

I don't know, that setup in the garage doesn't look like it's too portable or easy to assemble/disassemble in a desolate spot of the wastelands, pic;

that's the point, make like each part weight about 30 pounds so you cant carry it all in one go. also you need tools (i.e. wrench, hammer, scrap metal, stuff like that) to put it back together. so it is encouraged to simply pilot it to the new destination and leave it there when you dont use it. also with a power requirement (needs fusion batteries or something) you can only go so far with it. so with it powered on you move like normal and are a walking tank, but without power you walk as though you're overburdened or cant move at all. (i think the former is the better choice, not to mention probably a little bit less work)

or make it so to take it apart or put it together requires a perk to do so.

I kind of like the vertibird drop idea. Seems very logical, and J3X also has a script made for that (the summoning of the Vertibird). As for portability I was actually thinking iron man suitcase type thing. But I, as well, do like the concept of the armor not being able to get carried around.

As for the animation. What about using a door animation? Make the sections on the back of the armor a custom door. Just scale them to size. So when activated one swings open to the left, the other to right, (add a hiss effect here and there and hopefully presto) And go with the PN visor overlay thing. But I'm not sure how that would work. Like what the player interacts with would have to be a static object and then once inside a brief fade to black as the suit is equipped.

Then when exiting play some hissing noises, a fade to black, de-equip the armor and have the static appear. A menu option to allow a vertibird to collect it. And perhaps storage space for loot and items used for the armor.

I did like the idea of having it be powered so maybe their could be some lights on that thing? (I'm not sure if there is mod out there that already does this but I like the idea of shoulder mounted lights or a weapon, or nothing :).

I thank all of you for taking the time to look into this.