Dead Money - Dog/God broken

simkas

In Dead Money, after I completed the 3 quests for getting the other 3 characters back to the fountain, Ellijah would still be saying the same "Why are you here you didn't get the 3 go away" crap, even though the 3 are standing right next to the fountain. I then noticed that I couldn't talk to God/Dog, as he would just say the same "Let dog out... dog is hungry" stuff when I would try to talk to him. According to the fallout wiki, that's a bug that prevents Ellijah's next quest from triggering. So I tried to start the whole thing over, just releasing Dog this time (before, I negotiated with God and let him out), but when I get him to the fountain, the same thing happens, I still can't talk to him. Is there a way to somehow force Dog/God to start the dialogue with me or to trigger the next quest?

Did u try to play the holotapes (the ones who changes God/Dog)?

Yes, when he was waiting at the fountain, they would trigger a dialogue part, but he would just repeat the same "Let dog out... dog is hungry" line. When I had him as a companion before getting him to the fountain, it would do the same to the stuff he'd say, but it would change the way he fights and what perks I get from him. It wouldn't fix the stuff with Ellijah though.

I read something about part of the Community Bugfix Compilation Patch using the same scripts as Dead Money. Maybe you should have a look at that, e. g. remove the Patch and see if this error persists.

Did u try to play the holotapes (the ones who changes God/Dog)?

Yes, when he was waiting at the fountain, they would trigger a dialogue part, but he would just repeat the same "Let dog out... dog is hungry" line. When I had him as a companion before getting him to the fountain, it would do the same to the stuff he'd say, but it would change the way he fights and what perks I get from him. It wouldn't fix the stuff with Ellijah though.

You know there are two tapes?

You know there are two tapes?

Yes, that's why I said "they" when referring to them.

I read something about part of the Community Bugfix Compilation Patch using the same scripts as Dead Money. Maybe you should have a look at that, e. g. remove the Patch and see if this error persists.

I don't use it and I've heard that people get the same bug on the 360, so I don't think any mods cause it.