Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

I am looking for a particular house mod for my player. It is a mod that I used for a character that I played with around a year ago. I just installed Oblivion after about that long of not playing, but my computer got infected and I had to re-format and install the OS again so I lost all of the mods I had saved (I'm now vying to upload it all to Mediafire from now on so I can find what I want and like when I want it). I know this mod exists, I loved it, and I want to have it again.

The specifics are as follows:

First of all, the way to get to the home was quite unique. As I remember it, the mod placed a sort of "portal" that was in the form of a switch with a symbol on it (I think it was actually a six-sided star or a pentagram or something of the starry nature) at the front entrance to each mages guild. I do not recall if it was present at the Arcane University, or if the switch was on the inside or outside of the entrance. I just know there was definitely one at every guild (even Bruma after it got scorched).

The second feature I remember that was quite awesome was that the display room for armor and weapons was simply epic. It was a huge room with lots of mannequins on pedestals that were, I think, actually actors stuck in a still state. Around each mannequin were display cases that you could stick items in, and some of the walls had cases as well. I think this room was where the teleporters dropped you off at, but I can't be completely sure (though I am almost certain).

A third feature I liked was a book sorter somewhere in the place (can't remember where exactly). I liked it because I like to collect Oblivion "lore".

A fourth feature, and quite possibly my favorite, was the alchemy lab. The lab was accessible from the mannequin room directly to the right of you where you were teleported (I am now sure that the teleporters drop you in the mannequin room), and was extremely awesome. The best part was the alchemy sorter. Yes, the alchemy sorter is a common function now, but this one was quite different (from my use of house mods, that is). I remember it as a wall that was almost completely covered in wooden boxes with pictures of all the _original_ oblivion ingredients. There were boxes on the end that had no pictures, and just took all of the odd-out ingredients. I can't remember if it sorted in Shivering Isle's ingredients.

All that I remember besides all that is explained above is that the alchemy lab had a second door straight across from the door from the mannequin room that led to a very nice alchemy garden. The garden had different sections (I think four squares that were slightly raised) that housed pretty much every ingredient in existence... then again, I'm not a walking Oblivion Wiki, so I wouldn't know. But it also had a square solely for the three planes of oblivion ingredients.

That's about it... I can't remember anything else. However, I am pretty sure there might have been more. It was an awesome home mod.

Please help! I have heavily modded my Oblivion game, but it just won't be complete without this mod!

Thank you!

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I gathered that it was the Blackwood just edited for one of the body mods, the issue is I have not been able to find which one it's from.

Judging by how big her bum is (comparatively), I'd *guess* maybe the HFB (HGEC Fantasy Body)? Only a guess, but still something :)

is there a mod around that lets you restart quests?? i accidentally glitched the main quest and now its buggered

Hi

I was wondering if there was a mod here that adds the features shown in this video at around 0:38 to 0:42, where the guy switches weapons, but still has them showing on his back.

Thanks!

I am looking for a particular house mod for my player. It is a mod that I used for a character that I played with around a year ago. I just installed Oblivion after about that long of not playing, but my computer got infected and I had to re-format and install the OS again so I lost all of the mods I had saved (I'm now vying to upload it all to Mediafire from now on so I can find what I want and like when I want it). I know this mod exists, I loved it, and I want to have it again.

The specifics are as follows:

The Mod you are looking for is called "ArmoryLab": Link

Hi

I was wondering if there was a mod here that adds the features shown in this video at around 0:38 to 0:42, where the guy switches weapons, but still has them showing on his back.

Thanks!

Don't know the mod, but I'd guess the sword on his back is probably a "prop" sword mesh that is attached to his armor. I noticed when he is swinging it around, a mesh of the sword is still there on his back. So in essence, the sword is actually just a part of the armor. If he were to take the armor off, you'd see that the sword would be gone too.

Does anyone know of some good bow mods that doesn't exist on Tesnexus? I've been browsing through there but found only a few I liked. If it's not part of a weapon mod I might have missed it though.

I am looking for the armor mod used in the video showing off this new walk animation.

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33998 Mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIfmK1vcdPY&feature=player_embedded Video

Thank you.

Looks like the the Blackwood armor in Vanilla Oblivion. It looks a bit different though, so look around for an HGEC Vanilla Armor replacer, or maybe its for a different body. Could be a roberts, UFF, or other replacer, can't tell.

I think it's a conversion done by him, but there's something similar in the mECB collection.