Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Ziitch:

I am totally with you there, although for me the reason to actually start searching for mods like crazy was that I am not a very outgoing person and always try to solve problems myself before asking others.

And I can totally relate to the "it was a gift to me so I won't share it, sorry" point of view, because even a simple recolor can take some time. Still it would have been nice to see someone jump in with something like "I could make a recolor like that for you" or "you can easily do that yourself, here's how..."

But then again there's the thing that it's ripped content, so it's a dead end anyway.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ ziitch: Indeed, that's how this game is made to be played. And I like the way you create, appreciate and care for your character. I'm gonna give you kudos for this.

Edit : I can't give you kudos anymore... Damn. Chakaru, can you give ziitch kudos for me?

Edit 2: The third pm is always lucky. Kudos given. Thanks BabyDrex.:D

Edit 3: Double kudos o.O . Sometimes asking for help is a great idea. Thanks LaughingVampire for this.

Edited by Kjkirimi

Anyone know a mod where I can get a hairstyle closest to this one?

http://st3.kinopoisk.ru/im/kadr/1/3/0/kinopoisk.ru-Joanne-Kelly-1304414.jpg

(A cookie if you know what actor that is)

Hmm...Joanne Kelly? :)

This mod has a curly hairstyle similar to hers but it's not very high quality http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15353

@KJKirimi

Sorry to hear that you are sick and that you have to take such insolence from me :tongue: . That was a good explanation I can relate to. I don't really put the same value in mods like you do but I respect that not all people have the same opinion. To me they are just temporary enjoyment that will be replaced or deleted in the future. Especially when Skyrim is released.

How to make a black retexture? In this case it's really easy but you need Photoshop with DDS plugin. Open the textures one by one, go to Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation and select red. Then pull the Lightness slider all the way to the left. Save as DXT1.

I can agree with Ziitch actually. I find myself spending more time on dressing up than playing the game, especially with a new character and if I have a lot of new outfits I haven't tried. Later though, I pick my favourites and concentrate a bit more on questing and progressing. It's a big plus if the race and class has a good background that makes it believable in Tamriel. There are so many good looking races where they just throw together a description as an excuse for it's existance and some random stats that are not really balanced. Sometimes I edit my race to make it fit somehow but it's hard to make a background that feels good when you have to do it yourself. Maybe this was not the right place to talk about this but it's an interesting subject.

Edited by Moire

hello fellow mod seekers and mod detectives

iam looking for a couple of mods that adds glowing eye's like eye's that glows in the dark

do u know any mods like that if so PM me please or reply

/thanks 8)

Beautiful People and Xenius Race Compilation has some glowing eyes. You also might as well take a look at other Xenius races. Also All Sorts of Eyes has a glowing version of the eyes. Though it's a modders resource and you have to use Construction Set if you want to use them

Edit: Stupid mouse. -_-

ok thanks :)

Edited by mrspybot

I remember reading about another of those "Alternate start" Mods but I foolishly forgot to download it and now I cannot find it.

I remember reading about how the main quest does not start intil you are arrested by a Legion member in the Imperial City, all the Black Horse Courier papers regarding the assassination of the Emperor and his three sons are removed and Kvatch is blocked off (To simulate it being alive and well, but they could not be bothered to build the entire city)

I think several people said that it has a lot of possibilities for roleplaying (much more than several other alternate start mods apparently)

If anyone could find a/the mod that resembles my poor discription, I would be most thankful.

Anyone know a mod where I can get a hairstyle closest to this one?

http://st3.kinopoisk.ru/im/kadr/1/3/0/kinopoisk.ru-Joanne-Kelly-1304414.jpg

(A cookie if you know what actor that is)

Hmm...Joanne Kelly? :)

This mod has a curly hairstyle similar to hers but it's not very high quality http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15353

@KJKirimi

Sorry to hear that you are sick and that you have to take such insolence from me :tongue: . That was a good explanation I can relate to. I don't really put the same value in mods like you do but I respect that not all people have the same opinion. To me they are just temporary enjoyment that will be replaced or deleted in the future. Especially when Skyrim is released.

How to make a black retexture? In this case it's really easy but you need Photoshop with DDS plugin. Open the textures one by one, go to Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation and select red. Then pull the Lightness slider all the way to the left. Save as DXT1.

That's true, but for the one I made, I used an entirely different fabric for it. I also added some faux-lace detail. The rest of the retextures are a compilation of retextures for the original outfit that I simply converted to work for Oblivion.

@Kjkirimi, that although I worked on the black one for your tastes, it is still part of the package I make available to anyone who is searching for it, and free to share. It was the purple/black/blue Grande Espada Gown (The one that had your name on the ribbons) that was exclusively for you and that I removed the DL link for.

I see, now I'm getting curious. Where did you upload that package if I may ask?

Recently ran across this armor http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37503

and was wondering are they are other half-armor/clothes armor out there? i just really like the look of these "types" of armors

sorry i don't have anything specific in mind though

anything half-armor/clothes, even any type of good-looking breast-plate anything

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/37503-3-1299736644.jpg