Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking for some realistic armour it can be both light and heavy.

Much armor can be considered "realistic." Please add a description of some sort. Light or heavy is not going to cut it. That criterion you did not specify does not affect my willingness to download a cool mod either.

No animé or sexy armour.

Alice, I saw the mod in the second screenshot, it is a direct rip from FF. There's a huge point in not sharing it because it's illegal.

If that's the problem, then perhaps they should not be showing it off on their blogs or making it at all. Teasing people with it's existence. ;_;

ARGH! I hate private stuff, what is the point of making it just for yourself and hoarding it? What are you losing by sharing?!

People seem to forget that a lot of modders make items for their characters alone, so that they are unique in almost every aspect. Their face, hair, clothing, weapons, etc... all designed and created to allow them to be completely different from anyone elses characters. Creating something and then handing it out to the masses means that creation loses some of what made it special. It can be something amazingly popular and extremely well made, but it'll never have that 'uniqueness' it once had.

The fact that a lot of modders share what they create is a secondary benefit that people gain from. Yes, there are modders out there who create things purely for other people to download and enjoy but there's a great many who don't. They make it because THEY want it personally, not because they think you or anyone else - might. If something isn't available to the community, there's no point complaining about it. If the modder ever decides to share their previously withheld creations at some point in the future, that is their choice. As is keeping it to themselves.

Modders have no mandate stating they must share their works, they do so because they want to, not because they are obligated to. So instead of people having a round of complaints about the stuff you don't get to play with, be thankful for what you do get.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

No animé or sexy armour.

For male or female? And what kind of "realistic" is it? Do you mean realistic as in "the clothes available in real world" or realistic as in "the material texture is so awesome I thought it's real"?