Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be breaking the sacred rule of the Mod Detectives thread here, since I'm not entirely sure it exists, but I've heard it mentioned numerous times before, so I'm gonna ask.

Is there/what is the mod that allows you to tell, in-game, what mod created a specific item. I have FormID Finder, but that only works when the mesh missing. But like, say I see some fancy new sword on the ground, but I don't know which of my 143 mods it comes from. Is there a mod to tell me which one?

Thanks that's pretty close, can add some damage to it with a retexture most likely...

I was also surprised by the lack of Pirate related male clothing mods available when I did my searching.

!@LOOKING FOR@!

A mod that allows for absolutely no quest items, even for mods. I'm sick n tired of my cluttered inventory...

I don't think that's possible, since the "Quest Item" status comes from ticking a box in the CS, so I don't think it can be disable via script or anything. But I'm not modder. Anyway, this mod at least removes Quest Item status from all Vanilla items.

Thanks, hopefully one day it will get added to the Bashed Patch as a option. I know the bashed patch can already make all clothes show amulets and rings which is a ticked box near the Quest Item box in the CS screen so I figure it wouldn't be to different than those scripts themselves.

I might be breaking the sacred rule of the Mod Detectives thread here, since I'm not entirely sure it exists, but I've heard it mentioned numerous times before, so I'm gonna ask.

Is there/what is the mod that allows you to tell, in-game, what mod created a specific item. I have FormID Finder, but that only works when the mesh missing. But like, say I see some fancy new sword on the ground, but I don't know which of my 143 mods it comes from. Is there a mod to tell me which one?

Thanks that's pretty close, can add some damage to it with a retexture most likely...

I was also surprised by the lack of Pirate related male clothing mods available when I did my searching.

!@LOOKING FOR@!

A mod that allows for absolutely no quest items, even for mods. I'm sick n tired of my cluttered inventory...

I don't think that's possible, since the "Quest Item" status comes from ticking a box in the CS, so I don't think it can be disable via script or anything. But I'm not modder. Anyway, this mod at least removes Quest Item status from all Vanilla items.

Thanks, hopefully one day it will get added to the Bashed Patch as a option. I know the bashed patch can already make all clothes show amulets and rings which is a ticked box near the Quest Item box in the CS screen so I figure it wouldn't be to different than those scripts themselves.

Oh, really? Then, by all means, don't take my word for it. I'm not very familiar with the Bashed Patch, so I could be wrong, then.

!@LOOKING FOR@!

OBSE can manipulate 'Quest Item' status. Check 'Move Quest Item'. You can remove quest item status temporarily or permanently.

I once turned off quest status on all items, including modded ones; it was an option in COBL. I stopped using it, however, as some mods have odd behaviour if you remove the item from your inventory. I would advise extreme caution and lengthy testing, coupled with a long chain of saves.

I once turned off quest status on all items, including modded ones; it was an option in COBL. I stopped using it, however, as some mods have odd behaviour if you remove the item from your inventory. I would advise extreme caution and lengthy testing, coupled with a long chain of saves.

If the item is mod configuration tool, it may not have any object mesh, and some has attached script that will spawn another copy when dropped(in case of it's lost).

For vanilla quest items that often stuck in inventory, installing Unofficial Oblivion Patch can solve the problem.

I stuffed them into The Luggage, so there was no issue with no mesh. As you say, some mods spawn new copies, but this seemed bugged in many cases. I found with some mods, it would respawn the item every time I passed to a new cell, or every time I loaded a new save, whereas others seemed to respawn periodically. The problem was, once they started respawning, some of these would get caught in some odd loop and keep doing it every time the respawn condition came up, leaving me with dozens of copies of the same item *in my inventory*. Others were sensible enough, either never respawning or only ever doing so once, so it seems to depend on what mods you are running.

Hey, any Morrowind World/New Land type deal?

I mean is there a Mod that adds Morrowind to Cyrodiil like Elswyer, Deserts off Annequia does?

Maybe I should just grab a Copy of Morrowind itself. Hmm :/

Hey, any Morrowind World/New Land type deal?

I mean is there a Mod that adds Morrowind to Cyrodiil like Elswyer, Deserts off Annequia does?

Maybe I should just grab a Copy of Morrowind itself. Hmm :/

http://morroblivion.com/

not sure how far the project is, haven't checked in awhile. You need Marrowind with Tribunal and Bloodmoon though, only like $10 on amazon...