Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Thanks again Greenwarden ^^ I think Google translator was the reason it did not work before, since it greyed every possible link out or made them invisible. This blog was the first one I stumbled on on my search and the links I actually COULD click on lead me around in circles. Good times.

Aye, I never use full page translators when I'm looking for mods for precisely this reason. If there's something I need to read, I just copy paste the sentence/paragraph into a translator. There are dozens of supposedly "rare/obscure" mods out there that are actually only hiding in plain sight because the entire page has been translated.

Happy hunting. :cool:

Edited by greenwarden

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hair in the first pic is one of SKS Ren'S hairs. They are ripped sims2 hairs, so you'll not find them here. Mediafire helps.

Outfit in the last shot is also a rip, this time from Resident Evil 5.

@ Skoran...the first outfit..yes the hose are part. If I am not mistaken that is on of Krista's outfits. She is on a Russian Site that can't be linked here. I am sorry I don't know the outfits name off the top of my head. It is all one piece.

Lets try to stay on topic here folks (sorry for double post) and remember what thread we are in.

Complaints or observations about mods don't go here....and rebuttals go elsewhere also.

*hands out cookies*

I am looking for some stuff

Hair and race:

http://tesnexus.com/...-1287759838.jpg

Clothes (I think some of them are several mods)

http://tesnexus.com/...-1284627206.jpg (are stockings part of this outfit?)

http://tesnexus.com/...-1293465437.jpg

http://tesnexus.com/...-1292108270.jpg

http://tesnexus.com/...-1291650691.jpg

Clothes:

First one: No clue. Looks like one of a few outfits I've seen before in that style. Maybe a mashup?

Second: The top looks like it's from "Lady Vamp", which is on a site that can't be linked to here. The skirt thingy- no clue.

Third: That's one of the outfits from Eyren's Kazai and Phantasm, which was a private release on the Eyecandy forums, last I knew.

Fourth: RE5 rip.

Does anyone know of any good combat mods that enable dual weapon wielding? (like so your character can wield a second weapon in their off-hand instead of just a shield)

I think Unnecessary Violence was supposed to do this but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I didn't like that mod anyway, way too many bugs, very outdated, and the creator has obviously abandoned it.

This is a very disrespectful and ignorant thing to say about someone's mod, and although I didn't make it, it offends me as a mod author myself.

Too many bugs? Name them from your personal experience. I'd like to know what you've seen in your game so far.

Very outdated?! What the heck are you talking about? It's the latest dual wield mod out there! It's also the most comprehensive with more features available compared to others, and if that means a little bit of a learning curve, so be it. All you have to do is read the readme. Not only does it explain everything in detail, it has a troubleshooting section. Let me guess, you didn't read all of it did you? I'm willing to bet no, since you stated yourself you couldn't figure it out.

Also, you obviously don't know the author. He had worked very hard on UV1 and has been working on a new UV2 version that is nearly completed, which would be why he is not supporting UV1 anymore. But honestly, everything that has a potential problem is in the readme for solutions. There are also patches available for some of the more persistent problems.

That's fine if you don't like a mod, but refrain from stating crap about it that you don't know! It's junk like this that makes mod authors keep things private! :verymad:

I know what you mean! If I don't like something and want an alternative, I'll just state that I'm aware of that mod already and leave it at that. Being something of a modder myself I know how much time and effort goes into things, and words like that would never even pop into my brain. The nerve of some people. There's been a few people popping in here recently with a bad attitude towards mods, like they're trying to browse for wallpaper! They don't seem to realise that mods aren't made for their personal pleasure. I'm not inclined to help them.

Well I killed a goblin by throwing a dagger and got charged with murder, among a lot of other odd things... but sorry? I didn't mean it that way... also I wasn't aware that there is a new version in the works, that's really good to know, I bet it will be very good and I'll give it a try when it's released.

does anyone know where the hairstyle in this pic came from? Also what mod did the weapon come from? Both are VERY nice (I hope it's not another Aion rip but I'm not sure)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/36854-1-1296312360.jpg

Edited by Lehcar

That it is actually a mesh from another game that was edited to work in Oblivion. It's against copyright law, so on the Nexus posting links to mods like that is a bannable offense.

Lehcar: The hair looks like an XM sims conversion, but I am not sure. The sword is the two hand sword from the AION Heranas set.

I rarely visit here. What exactly do you people mean with a "rip"?

A "rip" is some content that was taken ("ripped") from another game and converted to Oblivion. Such content is technically illegal to distribute so they're not allowed to be linked here unfortunately.

Edited by Lehcar