Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

WEll I know I am getting off topic here since I have not released anything for THIS game, but as a long time modder for other games, let me tell you this:

If you are not comfortable with what other people do with your stuff., do not release it, period. Because in the end, everything you create rightfully belongs to the original owner/creator of the game and not to you. So it is not "yours" to begin with. And once you upload it ANYWHERE, you opened Pandora's box and sign away any right or say you had in the matter. Even your "terms of use" are nothing more than a polite request to respect your wishes, but that's it. People can be cruel when they want to get their hands on something and a lot of them do not respect what you had in mind at all. That's how it goes, deal with it or don't release stuff.

I know I am harsh now, but it is a lesson I had to learn years ago. The way users/players respect the wishes of the original creator (or not) can make or break a community, but in the end you have no say in the matter.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lechar, I think you have to find the MMM, OOO, and Fran armor replacers to replace most of the FCOM ones.

But... where? :(

Also, if it's the teenage boy fantasy exo-jugged pr0no bodies that bother you so much, then you could simply just choose to not make any compatible textures for those body mods. But c'est la vie.

RF = win.

WEll I know I am getting off topic here since I have not released anything for THIS game, but as a long time modder for other games, let me tell you this:

If you are not comfortable with what other people do with your stuff., do not release it, period. Because in the end, everything you create rightfully belongs to the original owner/creator of the game and not to you. So it is not "yours" to begin with. And once you upload it ANYWHERE, you opened Pandora's box and sign away any right or say you had in the matter. Even your "terms of use" are nothing more than a polite request to respect your wishes, but that's it. People can be cruel when they want to get their hands on something and a lot of them do not respect what you had in mind at all. That's how it goes, deal with it or don't release stuff.

I know I am harsh now, but it is a lesson I had to learn years ago. The way users/players respect the wishes of the original creator (or not) can make or break a community, but in the end you have no say in the matter.

Are... are you the same chakaru from the Mod The Sims community? Omg I'm a huge fan, I absolutely adored your Sims skins. You're so amazingly talented :biggrin: <3

Edited by Lehcar

I vehemently disagree with this... somewhat. Yes, the materials could potentially be the original game/utility creator's. But the idea behind the mod is still the author's, which is why authors are given the right to take down their mods from public if they choose to. There's a little more to the rules of a mod's use than just polite respect. It would also depend on what's being done. You can't for example take a mod posted here on the Nexus, repackage it and claim it for your own. What you said is sort of like saying that a software pirate has a right to steal software that a company explicitly states against it. Are the laws going to stop them? No. Unfortunately, so goes the same of modders.

However, this direction is going way off track and further discussion of this should probably go into a separate thread. :whistling:

OT: Anyone have any luck finding that "stop companions from taking off" mod yet? Might've been a part of a feature rather than a separate mod. :wacko:

I asked for your help and you're just mean to me.... I didn't mean to double-post because I'm tired and when I'm tired I'm prone to making simple mistakes like that... i'm sorry... but don't you dare accuse me of stuff I didn't do, I've never done or said anything bad to you ever so I have no idea what your problem is with me, but if that's how it is I won't ask for your help anymore since you obviously don't like me and you just accuse me of things I didn't do... really that's all you have to say? and then I get a message saying "i almost reported youuu!" "you fill the thread with a lot of chaatter!!!" for what? I've done absolutely nothing wrong to anyone... I almost never go off topic or whatever "chatter" is supposed to mean, all my posts are requests which is 100% relevant to this thread... I was just looking for some stuff yesterday all I wanted was a little help... Whatever I did to offend you so much I'm sorry. Edited by Lehcar

The edit option is there for a reason. Please use it next time.

And going totally off topic... Nothing will make me change my mind about my race. It was shared with those whom I thought they would appreciate and like it already and I'm sure they won't share it further. That's all I have to say.

Does anyone know what Morrowind mod looks like this? Is it Morroblivion?

Also what mods (weapon, armor, race, tower) are in the second picture?

Yes first picture I'm pretty sure it's Morroblivion. Weapon in the second screenshot is from tdas Scythe Mod and the tower is from Romuska Fantasy Store.

:ninja: 'd by ziitch. :mellow:

Edited by Naktis

Second shot is a Shriddan with most of the stuff coming from Romuska Fantasy Store and some pieces from R18PN Der Tod Armor. You'll have to go through some of the dungeons to get some of the items though.

Does anyone know what Morrowind mod looks like this? Is it Morroblivion?

Also what mods (weapon, armor, race, tower) are in the second picture?

Yes first picture I'm pretty sure it's Morroblivion. Weapon in the second screenshot is from tdas Scythe Mod and the tower is from Romuska Fantasy Store.

:ninja: 'd by ziitch. :mellow:

Thank you so much!! :laugh: <3

Edited by Lehcar