Crashing on Startup

xImPuLsePL

Hello all. I'm trying to load up Fallout, and either one of two things happens. Either the game starts to load or crashes. If it starts to load, there is no mouse and eventually gets to the menu, but there are no menu icons at all. I loaded everything through FOMM, did a masterupdate, created a merged patch, and follow proper load order. My issue arises when I bring FWE into the load order. If not installed, all the other mods work fine, but when I include FWE with it's FOIP files, this is when the trouble starts. I have my load order here. Any possible help for this issue of mine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

Project Beauty.esm

EVE.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

EVE.esp

EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp

EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp

EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Fellout-PointLookout.esp

Fellout-Zeta.esp

DUIF3Extras.esp

Merged Patch.esp

Total active plugins: 60

Total plugins: 62

you could try repatching it without masterupdate, apparently not all mods play well as esms. And check the FOIP patch is meant for the same version no's of FWE+MMM+Project beauty. If your using FOSE and tweaked the configuration settings, try restoring the defaults, ive had a few issues tweaking that and not getting to the main menu Edited by nisen

Nisen hit the most important things to check first, i.e. no masterupdate (just a merge patch) and make sure you are on latest revs of all the FOIP-related mods and files. I would only add that you might want to install and run BOSS. It will not only check your load order (which as you say is fine, I know) but it will bring up a listing of all your mods with notations as to other potential problems. Sometimes it will reveal that one little thing that nobody remembered to check, like that version of mod XYZ is incompatible with this version of mod ABC.

If all else fails, I would uninstall all the main mods there (FWE, MMM, EVE, WMK, PB, Fellout and DarnUI), and then test that the game will now load correctly and that you can create a new toon and play all the way until you are out of the vault! (you should do this for maximum surety, i.e. to make sure your DLCs and their scripts will all activate correctly with the mods gone once you leave the vault - although it would be even better to just reinstall and repatch from scratch if you can spare the time). Next, check your versions on all your mods, making sure you have the proper ones and their hotfixes and such. Then clear out FOMM's folder of FOMOD files and make all new FOMOD files, making a separate FOMOD file for each individual mod archive file, putting numbers in the filenames of each part of multifile mods (like EVE and FWE) to help you remember the order in which you will need to activate them later. (e.g. for FWE the FOMOD you create for the main file part 1 would end in '1', part 2 would end in '2', the 6.03 hotfix would end in '3' - this will REALLY help with keeping EVE from going sideways on you, since it has patches for its patches and its install order is even more crucial than load order). Then once every single mod has had a FOMOD (or series of FOMODS) created for it, activate the FOMODS in the appropriate order all in one pass. Next hit it up with the FOIP. Then run BOSS to set the load order right and double check BOSS's listing for any gotchas you might have missed. And last of all make your merged patch in FO3edit, activate it in FOMM and give it a run.

It is amazing how many experienced mod users wing it instead of following a logical progression like this, and then they end up having to spend hours and hours troubleshooting, often to no avail because a critical file was overwritten by an incompatible version or didn't even get installed and the whole mess needs to be reinstalled from scratch. I know I did it myself back when I was trying to run 8 zillion mods simultaneously in Morrowind.

Edited by proconsu1